Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

After all these threads I've read here and on VI:Control, I'm still confused. 

I have Amplitube 4 MAX and the extra expansions from Total Studio 2.

I'm hoping  belief that if I buy Amplitube 5 regular  I will get a new program with a new serial.  It will include all the sounds I have licenses for in their new incarnations. 
It will have everything in AmpliTube 5 MAX except for Satch and Dimebag and all the other ones I don't own.  I think SE won't do that.

Hopefully @Peter - IK Multimedia can clear that up for me as that sounds fine to me.  

If Total Studio 3 works like TS2, it will include AmpliTube 5 MAX plus any expansions that come out between now and the time of its release.

36 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It will have everything in AmpliTube 5 MAX except for Satch and Dimebag and all the other ones I don't own.  I think SE won't do that.

This was my conclusion.  That in order to get all the new AmpliTube 5 stuff you had to at least buy the full AT5, the SE version wouldn't close that gap.  And there is no "upgrade" path from SE to Full or Max.  So I placed my pre-order on that basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

If AT5 CS doesn’t “unlock previous purchases”, I’m out. 

I believe CS will unlock everything you own already. But we'll be screwed in another way, idk maybe no resizing (like it was with Tracks 4 > TR5), no higher quality audio or maybe no updated routings.  Something must be left aside to make us want to pay for the update.

I'm too staying with CS for now... And I'm OK.

• Sad 1

I just don't understand all the confusion. 

It has been said very clearly that AT5 SE will allow use of previously owned AT collections. And it will be "updated/converted/" to the new and improved AT5 version.

They won't give that away I think. So I wouldn't hold out hope AT5 CS is gonna give you anything new. It will probably allow you to demo the new stuff.

If you need more info, go to the IK website and put in a support ticket for Sales.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I wouldn't hold out hope AT5 CS is gonna give you anything new...

There is this new AT5 CS announced, so probably new GUI is to be expected but probably no resizing etc. I remember how it was with Tracks 4 CS > TR5 CS, there was new GUI but nothing more beside it which was really pointless for me because Tracks 4 was 0,5 GB of weight and TR5 is above 1,5 GB so I simply kept the former.

Once they add AT5 CS in my account I hope the new updated routing will be available, if not there's probably nothing compelling for me to install it. New glossy GUI vs additional GB of size is not gonna make me update.

50 minutes ago, chris.r said:

There is this new AT5 CS announced, so probably new GUI is to be expected but probably no resizing etc.

You're probably correct on this part I over looked, the GUI!!

The more I thought of it, it also may contain some of the VIR technology as well. But very limited I would think.

They may go all out and give a really great feature set in AT5 CS like they did with ST4 CS.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I think I have read AT5 will install alongside AT4.

yup. thats my understanding as well. you will have two icons. i for AT 5 and one for AT 4.

I too and confused and just sitting back.

On a site note, I am wondering about clean tones and collections. Is it that there isn't really that much complexity to creating a sim of clean amp tones, so that's why certain amps like JC-120 sort of get one release and you never really see a newer release? Or is it because they just aren't as popular as heavy metal, hard rock, thrash amp tones?

On 11/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, Grem said:

The more I thought of it, it also may contain some of the VIR technology as well. But very limited I would think.

They may go all out and give a really great feature set in AT5 CS like they did with ST4 CS.

Personally, I would more expect that any new technology brought up in the new version, like VIR, would be paid. Someone is spending much of his time and effort to achieve it and create new gear of higher quality, there's no big reason for giving it away as an update (although some developers can afford to do it). So for us customers, something like VIR and the new gear would be the core benefit when upgrading, and it's understandable if we have to pay for it. Giving it for free would be a bit too altruistic ;). On the other hand if there are new/updated functions that everyone simply expects them to be there in the new version in nearly 2021, the new GUI, resizing, new routing possibilities, and since they are backed in into software already, I would expect them to be unlocked in the free CS version. That's an update, to me it's more like improving some old shortcomings of the software rather than adding something new to the table. These features are already there in the software so why locking them up, it's a very distinctive, peculiar move.

Edit: this is my subjective point of view of course :P... and I still like my IK plugins.

Edit2: obviously I would prefer to have the sound upgraded in new CS version in the first place rather than GUI/routings just don't expect it happen

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

I had $100 set aside for Black Friday...I spent $80 of it on this...and am having
buyer's remorse...I wish that I hadn't now, after thinking long and deeply about
it, and I now I only have $20 for Black Friday...asi es la vida!  My gut tells me that
it's not going to live up to S-Gear, NeuralDSP, etc...  Mind you it's always been decent,
just not "WOW".  S-Gear made me go WOW.  NeuralDSP Pliny and Nolly made me go WOW.
I just don't think that it's going to happen with this.  I was underwhelmed with 4...
so don't have high hopes...but I also hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grem said:

with the features baked into the gui, hell the CS version may be quite the catch!!

only that when TR5 came out, going from Tracks4 CS to TR5 CS, it wasn't! the features were locked up :( 

can't comment on Sampletank, was never using it previously but quite possible it was a whole different story... there's a hope?

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

I had $100 set aside for Black Friday...I spent $80 of it on this...and am having
buyer's remorse...I wish that I hadn't now, after thinking long and deeply about
it, and I now I only have $20 for Black Friday...asi es la vida! 

Hey CC Larry  ! 

Welcome to The " Mile Walk "my Shoe Collection   Sponsors ...at the end of the Mile you wont have any blisters on your feet but your wallet may need to see either an emergency room   doctor or a loan officer :P

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

it, and I now I only have $20 for Black Friday...asi es la vida!  My gut tells me that
it's not going to live up to S-Gear, NeuralDSP, etc...  Mind you it's always been decent,
just not "WOW".  S-Gear made me go WOW.  NeuralDSP Pliny and Nolly made me go WOW.
I just don't think that it's going to happen with this.  I was underwhelmed with 4...

I hope you're wrong, too. It's only going to push things forward for everyone else if they got it right, so it's a win-win, whether one likes Amplitube or not. I completely agree on S-Gear and Neural DSP. As for Amplitube 5, it will be interesting to see what the new cab section brings to the table. I'm using the Fender collections with Ownhammer IR's, and to my ears the result is significantly better than going through Amplitube 4 cabs. So there's considerable room for improvement there. 

Let's hope your $80 will go a long way. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Brave man. Well, now you get to tell is if the old collections got the new VIR treatment with AT 5 SE.

• Like 1

I think IF I want to get Satriani and the AT5 upgrade, the AX I/O with Max - minus jam points is the way to go for me.  I wish the Axe I/O worked with iOS, then it would be a no brainer for. 

I am just afraid to order it now before AT5 is out because I don't know if ordering AXE I/O with Max will cause an issue once AT5 is out.  The announcements thus far could have been a little clearer.