Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

So CS is not good enough for people (like me) with AT4 Max + everything but Sach.  That's fine I think that makes sense.  So we need to buy AT 5 SE or AT 5 or AT 5 Max.  So what's the difference between those three for me?  Is there gear that is only in Max or the Full AT 5 that can't be bought a la carte and added to 5 SE?

26 minutes ago, Bapu said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia If I own AT4 Deluxe and *every friggin' collection released to date and every Custom Shop product released to date*what do I gain in AT5 MAX that I don't in AT5? 

From what I can see, but don't hold me to it, is nothing. I don't think there is anything 'exclusive' to AT5 MAX. It's just everything, all products together.

And one of those products is AT5

Edited by Grem

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

From what I can see, but don't hold me to it, is nothing. I don't think there is anything 'exclusive' to AT5 MAX. It's just everything, all products together.

And one of those products is AT5

If that holds true then $149.99 minus $45 in JammyPointz is not sooooooo terrible for me. Just hoping to hear @Peter - IK Multimedia confirm.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

Thanks for popping in Peter! You're always good to us here.

Having had a day to look into this a bit more, I am now excited again. I do wish the upgrade to max was a little more based on what you have (a la Soundtoys)

That said, I think the regular AT4 to AT5 for like $140 is a pretty nice price. I use this product basically everyday. I even wandered off into BiasFx land for awhile and ended up coming back to AT with my tail between my legs.

Those things considered, I think this is worth it and looks pretty good!

ETA: Also, I have like $100 in jam points making it basically a no brainier!

Thanks again for all your efforts Peter!

Edited by RSMcGuitar

10 minutes ago, Bapu said:

If that holds true then $149.99 minus $45 in JammyPointz is not sooooooo terrible for me. 

Yep, that's what I did. 

9 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

That said, I think the regular AT4 to AT5 for like $140 is a pretty nice price. I use this product basically everyday. I even wandered off into BiasFx land for awhile and ended up coming back to AT with my tail between my legs.

Same here. I keep coming back to AT. I looked at all my options and decided it was worth it for me too.

• Like 1

Sorry...but I'm not paying $99 for "limited functionality" or $149 for Full functionality,
and then LOSE my "Max" designation when it comes time for some offer or upgrade,
especially when I already own EVERYTHING except "Satch"!  To quote GHWB...

"not gonna do it...wouldn't be prudent"

$99 (or even $149) to upgrade from AT4 Max to AT5 Max would be reasonable....$300 is INSANE,
I don't care WHAT is included!

IK is continuing to be a "poor" investment on just about EVERY front!  Great plugins,
with a very poor business model ala "Waves".  It's REALLY sad!  Charging you at EVERY
step, everywhere, is just not good business IMO.   You may feel it's worth it...I don't!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

Sorry...but I'm not paying $99 for "limited functionality" or $149 for Full functionality,
and then LOSE my "Max" designation when it comes time for some offer or upgrade,

$99 (or even $149) to upgrade from AT4 Max to AT5 Max would be reasonable....$300 is INSANE,

IK is continuing to be a "poor" investment on just about EVERY front!  Great plugins,
with a very poor business model ala "Waves".  It's REALLY sad!  Charging you at EVERY
step, everywhere, is just not good business IMO.   You may feel it's worth it...I don't!

Good point from your situation.

I'm not in AT4 MAX status. I just bought piecemeal so the $105 upgrade (after using JambPuntz) is worth it to me.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

not paying $99 for "limited functionality" or $149 for Full functionality,

I wouldn't say 'limited' functionality. You just ain't getting all the new goodies. It will work just as well with AT5 SE as with AT5.

I do understand and agree with you on the marketing. But we are talking IK here!!

Edited by Grem
Got rid of some but!!

7 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So what’s the “features” difference (not “gear” difference) between AT5 CS and AT5 SE? Which features (not gear) are included and which features (not gear) aren’t?

But that doesn't tell what "functionality" is removed from CS

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia If I own AT4 Deluxe and *every friggin' collection released to date and every Custom Shop product released to date*what do I gain in AT5 MAX that I don't in AT5? 

You would want to go with either AmpliTube 5 or AmpliTube 5 SE depending on which gear from the new gear list you want (listed here).  That way you'd get all features, run all your gear in the new engine/etc and pay the least depending on what new gear you wanted.

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Thanks for popping in Peter! You're always good to us here.

Having had a day to look into this a bit more, I am now excited again. I do wish the upgrade to max was a little more based on what you have (a la Soundtoys)

ETA: Also, I have like $100 in jam points making it basically a no brainier!

Thanks again for all your efforts Peter!

No problem, happy to help. 

1 hour ago, Larry Shelby said:

AmplITube 5 SE is not limited functionality.  I address this in my reply above and elsewhere.  It is the free CS version that does not have all the features of SE/5/MAX.

32 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So what’s the “features” difference (not “gear” difference) between AT5 CS and AT5 SE? Which features (not gear) are included and which features (not gear) aren’t?

I stated above that more information will be available soon on this.  It will be limited in functionality and free, don't know what "limited functionality" we're offering for $99 because... we're not.  AmpliTube 5 SE is full features which I also already posted.

I still see this as a "boondoggle"....it's a losing proposition, and a RIDICULOUS upgrade structure...

It comes down to, as it has been for years with IK, "invest more...PAY more" which is really not good business IMO...

Some WILL still want it, just to be first kid on the block...and that's their prerogative, but that's also kind of a self defeatest
proposition, but hey, to each their own!

I hope that our insistence will convince IK to be as generous as they possibly can with regard to the new features in AT5 CS. Such generosity will make us AT4 users think fondly of the guys in Modena. 

Edith: as for Peter, we’ll love him no matter what. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Like 2