Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Same here. Just want to use my AT4 stuff in AT5. 

But I also want to hear - officially - that this dark magic applies to that same AT4 stuff and not just the new stuff in AT5 MAX:

Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies for Hyper-Realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models

Dynamic Response Modeling provides real amp response and feel — models dynamic relationship and interaction between power amp and speakers, plus physical and harmonic interaction between individual speakers, cabinet and room construction and mics

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

It also doesn't have a date, just Q4 2020.  The "press release":

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10048

Also claims "129 new gear models"

I guess the real question is,

Amplitude 4 Max  +  X = Amplitude 5 Max

This line in the release is interesting

In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.

So I wonder if this means if I crossgrade to TS2 MAX - which includes AT4 MAX - that I'd get AT5 SE upgrade free, too?

Edited by Marc Cormier

25 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

But I also want to hear - officially - that this dark magic applies to that same AT4 stuff and not just the new stuff in AT5 MAX:

Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies for Hyper-Realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models

Dynamic Response Modeling provides real amp response and feel — models dynamic relationship and interaction between power amp and speakers, plus physical and harmonic interaction between individual speakers, cabinet and room construction and mics

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 6

The thread over at GS has some more details. Please correct these if wrong. 

AT5 Custom Shop is similar to AT4 custom shop and doesn't have the remodeled cabs and such. All your existing gear will import but it seems like it'll behave very similarly to AT4?

Upgrading to AT5 SE gets you the new cabinet models, gui, etc. But I don't think any of the new AT5 amps/effects?

Upgrading to full AT5 also includes all the five new AT5 amps, two new stomps, studio effects, etc.

AT5 MAX is AT5 plus all the expansions and custom shop gear released up until now.

Edit: they'll have more details tomorrow on what features separate AT5 Custom Shop vs AT5 SE.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Anyone else got the feeling the announcement was rushed out with a vague Q4 release date, due to the release of NI Guitar Rig 6?

Maybe, but it sure seems to be having a negative effect here, especially with such a history of convoluted pricing/upgrade policies.

Grem may be on to something here, taking the 5SE plunge to get the updates for AT4 MAX. I would take the dive if there was clear language around the upgrade path, which there isn’t.  all I want is better sounding amps, a better GUI, and preset management.  I’ll pay for that upgrade to my AT5 MAX, but not without Peter clarifying this mess.

IK have so many plates spinning right  now that I’m not surprised by this.  They sold the crap out of TS2 in the last 2-3 months so it MUST have played a part in their P&L and strategy for this release. The fact that the TS2 MAX deal is STILL on but closes so close to this release has got to be driving part of their desired customer behavior.

image.jpeg.f1ca5817273edeaf61ba461003950fe8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Anyone else got the feeling the announcement was rushed out with a vague Q4 release date, due to the release of NI Guitar Rig 6?

yes that makes sense....although the upgrade price puts it into a different league of course.

I have to say I'm pretty annoyed with the upgrade pricing.  Over on GS Peter is trying to put a positive spin on it, as always.  But as somebody who bought A4 max a couple of weeks ago and has some additional addon packs,  a 359euro upgrade price to the latest version is pretty insulting.      And that's a "special" introductory price....who know what that might increase to in future.....🤑

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

What's the word there?

I'm barely ever on GS. This here is my main feeding ground for my GAS.

a few positive posts - but mainly people complaining about the price or confused about the various options.....even Peter is seeking clarification so it's not at all obvious what upgrade option gives you what feature.

I'm kind of assuming that if I install A4 CS that I get all my existing stuff running in the A5 engine for free ?    Somebody has asked that same question (several times) directly to Peter but the answer has been "I recommend you upgrade to A5 SE" ...but with no explanation or detail.

Peter has also done some very biased maths to show what a bargain it is...ignoring the fact that many people already own a lot of the stuff in A5 Max anyway....

I, for one, are totally confused by the options but the headline figure of 368 euros means it's kind of irrelevant.    I emailed support to ask if I'm eligible for an upgrade as I bought A4max as part of the Total deal a couple of weeks ago and I already owned the non-max version.

It's a bit sneaky to do a massive sale 2 weeks before announcing a new version - then charging people a 2nd time for the latest version.

• Like 1

Poor Peter!! Glad I ain't gotta deal with that!

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Grem may be on to something here, taking the 5SE plunge to get the updates for AT4 MAX.

That's what I figured. All of us that have almost everything could get AT5 SE and use the new GUI and get a small taste for the other new stuff. Cheapest way there. But I think the best deal for someone like me is to get AT5. With that purchase I get almost everything in AT5 MAX. I looked through it and there ain't much I won't have. The Joe Stach stuff. But I ain't got that now.

Do I expect all my products I already own to be upgraded to a new and improved version? Of course not. That's not what I paid for.

But IK did allow ST 2XL instruments and sounds to be brought into ST3. Also allowed ST 3 instruments and sounds to be brought into ST4. So who knows... we might get lucky!

Just to be clear, I ain't paying no $210 for AT5 MAX. That is a little high 🤑. But getting what I am for $100, I think I can live with that. Is it a great deal? Nope. But it's alright. As I have learned, I can sit back and wait to get all the stuff at an unbelievable price later.

But I will have that new UI when it comes out! I am looking forward to that.   😁

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

Poor Peter!! Glad I ain't gotta deal with that!

That's what I figured. All of us that have almost everything could get AT5 SE and use the new GUI and get a small taste for the other new stuff. Cheapest way there. But I think the best deal for someone like me is to get AT5. With that purchase I get almost everything in AT5 MAX. I looked through it and there ain't much I won't have. The Joe Stach stuff. But I ain't got that now.

Do I expect all my products I already own to be upgraded to a new and improved version? Of course not. That's not what I paid for.

But IK did allow ST 2XL instruments and sounds to be brought into ST3. Also allowed ST 3 instruments and sounds to be brought into ST4. So who knows... we might get lucky!

Just to be clear, I ain't paying no $210 for AT5 MAX. That is a little high 🤑. But getting what I am for $100, I think I can live with that. Is it a great deal? Nope. But it's alright. As I have learned, I can sit back and wait to get all the stuff at an unbelievable price later.

But I will have that new UI when it comes out! I am looking forward to that.   😁

Yes, i think it was answered by Peter on other  forums.  If you already own AT4 max and don't want any of the newer AT 4 collections that were released in last 12 to  24 months, you can just get AT 5 regular which will give you everything you already have but in a newer AT 5. From there, you need to compare the price points of the $150 for the  upgrade to what else is on the market for guitar at the $150 price point.

Personally, and I am just looking that this as a user and customer and know nothing about music software sales industry, this to me all looks like IKM are trying to hook new customers into the AT ecosystem  (it's a great deal if you own nothing from them, very similar to NI and Komplete collection strategy) -- and any existing AT 4 users who are early adopters and don't care that much about price. But I have a feeling there will be a re-vamped upgrade offer for people that own AT 4 and a lot of the collections down the road.  My guess is, it will somehow adjust itself  to something in the range of $79 to $89 for AT 5 within 12 months. (This is based on the $199 regular price for AT 5 and discounting 60% and 80%  respectively which their offers have been in the past).

just my2 cents.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:50 AM, Sander Verstraten said:

Do the models of all the packs that I got Fender/Ampeg/Slash/Mesa get updated automatically when I buy the base version of AT5?
Or do I have to pay an additional fee if I want them upgraded?

They will work in AmplITube 5 and you don't have to pay extra to specifically upgrade them.  Any version of AmpliTube 5 above CS will have full features and run your existing gear.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:19 AM, Sander Verstraten said:

What is, content wise, truly new between Max 4 and 5?

Seven collections were added, $680 if purchased separately.  If you don't have those, the MAX upgrade is a great option (makes them around $43/each but I guess some feel this actual math is "biased" math for whatever reason), plus all the new gear listed on the AmpliTube 5 page (under each version there's a "gear included" link), and of course the new features like the VIR™ with the 143,000 IRs etc etc.

This is basically what I had posted yesterday:  If you are missing those subsequent collections released post-AmpliTube 4 MAX, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5.

If you do have those or most of those, SE or 5 are your best bet.  Run what you have in those and it may be more cost effective to pick up the collections separately, when on sale, etc.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:48 AM, GaleOm said:

I wonder how licenses from AT4 MAX transfer to AT5. If I install, for example, AT5 CS or AT5 SE will all amps that I got in AT4 MAX be present in AT5.

Your gear will run in AmpliTube 5.  The SE, 5, and MAX have varying amounts of gear (listed on the AmpliTube 5 web page) but all carry the full feature set.  CS does not and there will be more information about that soon.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:00 AM, Larry Shelby said:

ZT...I too am only missing Satch....that's why that upgrade price is RIDICULOUS!
I own TS2 Max, and Amplitube Max, and I have to pay $300 to get "Satch"?  

As I said, IK has LOST THEIR MINDS (and probably a LOT of customers if they
keep this absurdity up...)  That's probably one of the biggest reasons that you
can barely GIVE them away on KVR!

You don't have to pay $300 to get Satch, that would be ridiculous and I'm glad you didn't do it.  You can just get SE or 5 for far less.  When you feel Satch is at a price you'd pay, you can pick that up for less than that MAX upgrade price that you are correct isn't right for you in your situation.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, simon said:

Can you install A5 custom shop version for free and just use your existing, paid, A4 stuff with the new interface etc...?

You can use your existing gear, but you will not have all of the new features available to you.  More on the specifics of CS coming soon.

On 10/29/2020 at 9:49 AM, bluzdog said:

Where is Peter?

searching.jpg

Yesterday was HUGE.  Sorry, I barely got my head above water from the onslaught on our forum and was making sure all of the pertinent questions not only got answers but also that we'll update our web site and mailings to make things clear.  I was not under the desk as much as I might have wanted to be :)

On 10/29/2020 at 9:50 AM, simon said:

I upgraded to Max on the 14, 2 weeks ago, I assume they are going to honour a grace period ?

....oh hang on IKM - nothing is certain !

That is one day before the date stated for the free AmpliTube 5 SE.   You may want to contact IK Support to make that case, that's VERY VERY close to the cutoff.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:25 AM, Anxiousmofo said:

That pricing is straight up ludicrous for those of us who own most of the packs and higher tier versions of Amplitube 4 already, not to mention Axe/IO.  Guess I'll play the waiting game.

If you have the packs, all you need is AmpliTube 5 SE (or 5 if you want more new gear).  I don't think that's ludicrous - you can use all that you have already for a small upgrade price that gets all the new features and the new gear (which you can choose two options for basically in your case, three for others who don't have MAX and the new collections).

23 hours ago, Grem said:

@telecode 101Yes thanks for the link. To me this confirms (along with what Matt found) that all my stuff I have I will be able to use in AT5. 

After looking around at everything that was in the list telecode 101 posted I started thinking. Do I really want AT5 SE? For a little more I could buy AT5 and get most of the new stuff, along with what I already got, and that would almost give me AT5 MAX. 

Don't hold me to this, but I did look and saw that with me having AT4 MAX, the main things in AT5 MAX I won't have is most of the new speakers, All of Joe Stach stuff, a few new amps, and some pedals. I can do without that till the Total Studio comes on sale!!

And to give IK support some props, I did buy, paid for, AT5 SE. After looking at the list telecode posted I realized I wanted AT5. So I sent in a support request to Sales, within two hours they had refunded me my money. It was already back in my PayPal account!! Then I was able to get AT5! $104 using 45 Jampoints. I am a happy camper!

So for AT4 MAX owners, it looks to me like you can get AT5 SE and get the new UI and limited new speaker, stomps, amps, cabs. Or step up and get AT5 and get more new stuff. 

Even looks like that Axe deal is a rather good deal if you're in the market for an interface. The Axe itself is $349. With AT5 MAX, it's just $50 more at $399. If you got enough Jampoints, I was able to get it down to $284. Not bad for the Axe and AT5 MAX.

Yes, there are some good deals to be had and I'm working to get some more clarification posted on the web pages, etc.  You should be very happy running what you have with the full features available, using AmpliTube 5 SE.

22 hours ago, Zo said:

Can we open our V4 amps in custom shop version ? 

Yes but see above about limited features and more information coming soon about CS.

16 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia Peter Peter, where art thou Peter?

I'm not at all keen on Pre-Ordering now taking in to account how long the JS Pre-Order dragged on for. I would have purchased A5 on the spot had it been released.

Will we get notification before the Pre-Order period expires?

The introductory pricing runs through December 31st but the release date will be during Q4.  More information on the status there below for those who think this will be any issue to meet (we learned from AT JS).

15 hours ago, bluzdog said:

That can't be him. He's a stand up guy! 

Rocky

Well I like to sit a lot more now that I'm a couple months shy of 50 but thanks!!  :)

13 hours ago, Fleer said:

Same here. Just want to use my AT4 stuff in AT5. 

You can.  Your best bet for all features, less gear is AmpliTube 5 SE.  You can see what gear is included there on the AmpliTube 5 page.  You'd get all the features.  The "clarification" mentioned in another post about my Gearslutz posts is specifically about clarifying exactly what features are available using CS is all.  The other versions are full-featured.

7 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

No.  We've been working hard on this (check out the robot video, we've got 143,000 impulse responses locked and loaded for example) and we have the audio demos up using AmpliTube 5 and we're working on the typical last bits of a major release.  I've been in the meetings, we've known about any issues and the developers and product managers know what target we can hit so we're looking great.

4 hours ago, balinas said:

Seems like we won’t know what is in it until we buy it?  But perhaps all that will be clearer soon. 

You can see exactly what is in each version on the AmpliTube 5 page.  There's also a comparison chart.  SE, 5, and MAX have all features, and I'll have more information (and get it posted on the web pages) about what CS features are included soon.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
missed a couple of quotes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10