Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

7 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

It I'm gonna dip my toe...it will be with the FREE Custom Shop when it's availabe!
I learned long ago that being the FIRST to jump in is a HUGE (and costly) mistake,
as you'll be able to "get in" later on for far less!  We've been "programmed" to HAVE
to be the "first kid on the block" to get the new toy!  

Good point Larry! Maybe I'll wait it out as I have enough to occupy me at the moment (freeing up space to install K13U stuff).

16 minutes ago, ZincT said:

The only addon I am missing is Satriani but that's only in AT5MAX so I will have to wait that one out.

Same here Zinc.

10 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

be able to "get in" later on for far less!

Oh yes I know that.

But I do want that new thing!! : )

And I will have the MAX version eventually!!

• Haha 3

ZT...I too am only missing Satch....that's why that upgrade price is RIDICULOUS!
I own TS2 Max, and Amplitube Max, and I have to pay $300 to get "Satch"?  

As I said, IK has LOST THEIR MINDS (and probably a LOT of customers if they
keep this absurdity up...)  That's probably one of the biggest reasons that you
can barely GIVE them away on KVR!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Larry Shelby said:

If I'm gonna dip my toe...it will be with the FREE Custom Shop when it's availabe!
I learned a long ago that being the FIRST to jump in is a HUGE (and costly) mistake,
as you'll be able to "get in" later on for far less!  We've been "programmed" to HAVE
to be the "first kid on the block" to get the new toy!  

yup. i am sitting back and waiting to see what it is.

• Like 1

Did they fix the installer and the UI so if I'm a newer customer with only a couple of plugins, I don't have to scroll through ALL of the stuff I don't own to try and find the few that I DO own?  That is a total and absolute workflow/inspiration killer...

• Great Idea 1

It looks like they have added two new types of things, Speakers and Rooms, that aren't in AmpliTube 4.  It may be necessary to buy some level of AmpliTube 5 to get all those things I'd guess.  But all your current stuff should upgrade in the CS version.  Maybe.  The last T-Racks was kind of like that I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop

That answers one big question. If you have enough Jam points you can get the A5 upgrade for $100.

Rocky

if you are in the market for new hardware, this to me in looking like it *might* be a okay deal to use jam points to get hardware.

The Axe I/O solo is $299 and comes with AT 5.

It's also possible the Z-Tone stuff may also come with AT 5.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ztonedi/index.php?p=apps

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ztonebufferboost/index.php?p=applications

I am still on a 8+ y r old interface and in the market for a new one. But was looking at going RME or Arrow. I figure if I will upgrade, upgrade to something decent that will last.

Edited by telecode 101

Just remember that getting software through a hardware deal knocks you out of a cross-grade path.  I got AT4 MAX that way and was told I didn't qualify for  a cross-grade offer because of it.  Basically, more IK double & triple dipping.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

The Axe I/O solo is $299 and comes with AT 5.

It comes up at $249 for me minus Jam Points puts it at $175. The page still states that it comes with AT4 Deluxe. If it comes with A5 that's a pretty good deal.

Rocky

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Just remember that getting software through a hardware deal knocks you out of a cross-grade path.  I got AT4 MAX that way and was told I didn't qualify for  a cross-grade offer because of it.  Basically, more IK double & triple dipping.

^^^THIS^^^^   More of the IK "Screw you over" Plan

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mibby said:

Did they fix the installer and the UI so if I'm a newer customer with only a couple of plugins, I don't have to scroll through ALL of the stuff I don't own to try and find the few that I DO own?  That is a total and absolute workflow/inspiration killer...

Good question - I suspect I know the answer 

It also doesn't have a date, just Q4 2020.  The "press release":

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10048

Also claims "129 new gear models"

I guess the real question is,

Amplitude 4 Max  +  X = Amplitude 5 Max

This line in the release is interesting

In addition, any customer who purchases AmpliTube 4 or any IK hardware package that includes AmpliTube 4 after October 15, 2020, will automatically receive an upgrade to AmpliTube 5 SE.