Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

How much!? 😵 I will definitely be waiting for BF/Christmas deals on this one. 

AT 5 MAX upgrade from AT4 MAX is more than I paid for Komplete 13 Ultimate upgrade which includes the excellent Guitar Rig 6 not to mention all the other stuff.

• Like 1

More rationale behind the prices from MusicRadar.com

AmpliTube 5 CS free.

AmpliTube 5 SE $/€99.99 (regular price $/€149.99) 

AmpliTube 5 $/€149.99 for existing IK users with registered products worth $/€99.99 or more – $/€199.99 for everyone else (regular price $/€299.99)

AmpliTube 5 MAX $/€299.99 for existing IK users with registered products worth $/€99.99 or more – $/€399.99 for everyone else (regular price $/€299.99)

I wonder if there will be a different price point for people that actually own Amplitube 4 MAX. 

Let's hope Peter will chime in here soon...

15 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

What is, content wise, truly new between Max 4 and 5?

The expansions since AT4 maybe? Fender Collection 2, SVX2, Brian May, Satriani, Dimebag Darrell, Leslie

AT4 Max already had Orange, Mesa, Slash, Fender 1, Hendrix, SVX. I might have accidentally listed some AT4 stuff in the above group.

AT5 seems to have 5 new amps, based on (from their site): PRS Archon, Friedman PT-20, Aguilar DB750, Bogner XTC, Diezel VH4. Plus a Sansamp pedal that can be used as an amp. I'm not sure if these are in SE or just Standard/MAX though.

opinion zone - I imagine handling all the upgrade cases for all users, especially with a product set as broad as IK's is tough (very few companies have flagship synths + effects + mixing/mastering + hardware), but +1 that AT4 MAX -> AT5 MAX seems high at $300, especially for users who may own most of the expansions. Maybe upgrading to AT5 standard is the path to take for those users. Softube's Volume series, Native Instruments Komplete, and I'm sure many other companies have similar upgrade paths where piecemeal purchases don't really "count."

For new customers $600 list seems like a really high anchor but AT5 MAX does have lots of models.

AT has been my default amp sim for years and I'll definitely pick this up eventually, but IK's sales strategy has officially trained me to wait a bit. Though it seems likely upgrading to AT5 custom shop and bringing already-purchased stuff in is purely a positive?

Also, excited to see what people think of the new amps but some of the products, both hardware and software, that has come out in the last couple years is really a step up (Neural, etc.). Very tough to beat AT's breadth though. 

• Great Idea 1

20 minutes ago, GaleOm said:

I wonder how licenses from AT4 MAX transfer to AT5. If I install, for example, AT5 CS or AT5 SE will all amps that I got in AT4 MAX be present in AT5.

Yes, this is the same thing I am wondering.

I pulled the trigger anyway. Yep I upgraded from AT4 Max to AT5SE!!! : )

I figure with all the upgrades that I have done with IK in the past, I really don't remember anything from an older version that I owned not being able to be used in the newer version. So I figured that would hold true with AT5.

With Jam Points, it was $70. 

Edited by Grem

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Do the models of all the packs that I got Fender/Ampeg/Slash/Mesa get updated automatically when I buy the base version of AT5?
Or do I have to pay an additional fee if I want them upgraded?

That's the part I am not quite sure about. So are the various collections and their cabs and effects also updated/upgraded or are they the same as before? The only thing that is truly upgraded is the core AT amps and speakers? This to me looking like the core AT functionality and GUI is upgraded and a couple of new amps and cabs and they also threw in a little bit of MixBox.

I guess will wait for Peter to chime in or wait for some YT video live streams from IKM to find out.

BTW.. I don't see a cross grade pricing. Its the same special into pricing regardless of whether I am logged in or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Do the models of all the packs that I got Fender/Ampeg/Slash/Mesa get updated automatically when I buy the base version of AT5?
Or do I have to pay an additional fee if I want them upgraded?

This?

• Like 1

Speaking of Jampoints....I recently sold my license for the EQ 73 on KVR...
and, mind you, resale on IK products is EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!
I had 31 Jampoints at the time of sale.  I used 6 Jampoints to buy the License
Transfer.  That left 25 Jampoints.  When the transfer was complete, they took
20 Jampoints back for the sale of an item that costs $125 and should have only
taken 12 Jampoints at the most.  They're doing some shady things over there
and I've about had it.  Everything that they do has a "cost"...and it's a HIGH
cost, so I'm about ready to throw them to the wind.

License Transfers cost
Sound Downloads cost
Transfers, which you PAY for, are "limited", and every time
you reach their "Threshold" you have to contact customer service
to get that threshhold "reset"...
NOW they only allow upgrade pricing on "paid" versions, so if you 
got something on a promotion with Hardware, it's NOT considered
a "Paid" version, even though you DID pay, so doesn't count towards upgrades
Their upgrade model SUCKS THE BIG ONE, as they can't take into
account purchases that you've made that SHOULD reduce the cost
of the upgrade...and the LONG TERM customer ALWAYS gets "forked"

This list could go on...and the ONLY saving grace for them has been Pete and Ryan!

They REALLY need to RETHINK their Business Model!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yes, this is the same thing I am wondering.

I pulled the trigger anyway. Yep I upgraded from AT4 Max to AT5SE!!! : )

I figure with all the upgrades that I have done with IK in the past, I really don't remember anything from an older version that I owned not being able to be used in the newer version. So I figured that would hold true with AT5.

With Jam Points, it was $70. 

That's not a bad idea Grem to dip your toe in the AT5 water. Although for us VAT payers it works out at approx £75 inc VAT with jampoints. 
The only addon I am missing is Satriani but that's only in AT5MAX so I will have to wait that one out.

Edited by ZincT

16 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That's not a bad idea Grem to dip your toe in the AT5 water. Although for us VAT payers it works out at approx £75 inc VAT with jampoints. 
The only addon I am missing is Satriani but that's only in AT5MAX so I will have to wait that one out.

If I'm gonna dip my toe...it will be with the FREE Custom Shop when it's availabe!
I learned a long ago that being the FIRST to jump in is a HUGE (and costly) mistake,
as you'll be able to "get in" later on for far less!  We've been "programmed" to HAVE
to be the "first kid on the block" to get the new toy!  

Edited by Larry Shelby
  • Like 3