Amplitube 5 is here - Release Date 15/12/20 or 16/12/20

Fret Flintstone

20 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sorry to quote myself but I don't know if I made this prominent enough.  It's a huge quality of life improvement and I was pushy about it in this morning's software meeting...

Excellent news Peter! This was probably the biggest complaint in most of the Amplitube 4 threads I have ever read. I can say personally I'll be just as likely to check out the custom shop, but this will make daily use MUCH better!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

it seems IKM updated the content of their site with respect to Amplitube 5 versions. You can now clearly see what is going to be left out of CS version.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=versions

expand the versions chart.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they updated the page with a release date.

• Haha 2

On 11/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, Mesh said:

You can also use your jam points for this.

I don't have AT4Max, but to upgrade to A5 (using jam points) is around $104. Of course, NI's GR6 is also on the table.....decisions, decisions. B|

I haven't tried GR6 but have heard it's no longer super-competitive sonically even with the new amp sims. Lots of people like the workflows and its use as an effect though. Do you have Komplete or would benefit from lots of the other NI stuff? NI's upgrade path also heavily incentivizes going for Komplete and avoiding one-off pickups if you can wait, but I don't necessarily want to advocate spending $400 when you were set for $100 :) 

oh, that (edit: filtering stuff by owned status) sounds nice. I didn't mind it too much (to be fair I owned most of the gear which is one workaround :)) but anecdotally it really seemed to bug people and was brought up in threads that would otherwise bring in new customers. Honestly can't imagine IK gained too many sales from that but I might be wrong and you all might have analytics for that.

Peter, just wanted to mention/sympathize that IMO you got assigned a tough job initially... it seems like IK sent you out alone to face the internet during a week many of us especially in the USA were on edge (pandemic, election), and gave you screenshots, prices, and a new acronym, but no (immediate) sound samples, demo, or release date. Glad things are clarifying for some users and use cases.

Edited by mister_tea
clarifying what "that" is in first sentence
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2020 at 12:45 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

It will however have resizing.  Learned the lesson with T-RackS 5 on that, I made sure that was known to be one of the hills people would die on with regard to CS functionality.

Great to hear about resizing, thanks for that Peter! Couldn't find any info about the updated 'routing freedom' in CS, unless it's the same as 'drag & drop chain' - please could you confirm it's in the CS version as well? Paying for re-measured cabs is perfectly understandable. And sorry to hear about the flood damage, beside AT Metal what else did not get re-measured?

edit: preset filtering - another sweet move!

Edited by chris.r

18 hours ago, mister_tea said:

oh, that (edit: filtering stuff by owned status) sounds nice. I didn't mind it too much (to be fair I owned most of the gear which is one workaround :)) but anecdotally it really seemed to bug people and was brought up in threads that would otherwise bring in new customers. Honestly can't imagine IK gained too many sales from that but I might be wrong and you all might have analytics for that.

Peter, just wanted to mention/sympathize that IMO you got assigned a tough job initially... it seems like IK sent you out alone to face the internet during a week many of us especially in the USA were on edge (pandemic, election), and gave you screenshots, prices, and a new acronym, but no (immediate) sound samples, demo, or release date. Glad things are clarifying for some users and use cases.

I'M IN THE US AND I'M ON EDGE TOOOOOO!!! :)  Couldn't resist.  But I am and I am, but that's just how these things go lately.  2020, I'm happy to be healthy (relatively, trying not to expand exponentially during this time stuck at home though), and we'll all get through it somehow.  The US is a relatively young country, we're going to have to go through some stuff to keep evolving.

To your first point, honestly the vast majority would be upgrades at this point.  I think when people realize what they do get for the price, and via the version they need (the "Which AmplITube 5 is right for you?" message that went out was a bit of a help as well) they've been jumping in.

17 hours ago, chris.r said:

Great to hear about resizing, thanks for that Peter! Couldn't find any info about the updated 'routing freedom' in CS, unless it's the same as 'drag & drop chain' - please could you confirm it's in the CS version as well? Paying for re-measured cabs is perfectly understandable. And sorry to hear about the flood damage, beside AT Metal what else did not get re-measured?

edit: preset filtering - another sweet move!

Thanks for the filtering love, I know a bunch of us are chomping at the bit to look more closely at that (right now what some of us are using would have things unlocked or some of us are using accounts that already have everything) as the builds progress and finalize.

The only cabs damaged were from AmpliTube Metal from what I'm seeing.  As far as routing, the chart covers some of it but it might not be immediately apparent - check out the simultaneous cabs (and amps) columns where you'll only have routing options for 2 in CS for those vs 3 in SE/5/MAX.  So you can't, for example, have the Wet/Dry/Wet routing options which is probably the best example because I know that's the option I'd personally miss most.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they updated the page with a release date.

If I wouldn't get fired for it, I'd be in there adding "December 31, 2020 23:59 PST"   But that would be evil.  And wrong.  Well yes it would be wrong in many ways including being the aforementioned evil but I meant incorrect.

• Haha 2

So @Peter - IK Multimedia,  if some good person on this forum wanted to swap SampleTank 4 MAX for my Amplitude 4 MAX:

1.  Would that be allowed by IK?
2. Does the nature of the purchase stay with the product.  i.e. since I acquired Amplitude 4 MAX with a hardware purchase, the new owner would have the same limited upgrade-ability as I do now e.g. no Cross/MAX-grade discount.  Correct?

Just now, Fwrend said:

So @Peter - IK Multimedia,  if some good person on this forum wanted to swap SampleTank 4 MAX for my Amplitude 4 MAX:

1.  Would that be allowed by IK?
2. Does the nature of the purchase stay with the product.  i.e. since I acquired Amplitude 4 MAX with a hardware purchase, the new owner would have the same limited upgrade-ability as I do now e.g. no Cross/MAX-grade discount.  Correct?

1. I suppose with the transfers done via the system that's in place (license transfer credits) it would be, and both would need to have the transfer field next to it in your respective IK User Areas if so. However...

2. The version included with your hardware is NFR per the EULA at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=license-agreement under "Software Transfer"

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

2. The version included with your hardware is NFR per the EULA at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=license-agreement under "Software Transfer"

IOW, that would be considered a "re-sale" and not allowed yes?   PER Section 4.3 of the EULA "....you may not sell, or otherwise transfer the Product."

Thanks.

Edited by Fwrend

So if the intro prices stay in place till Dec 31, and it ships will the intro pricing also be available in the CS using gear credits?  Usually in the past I thought IK ended the pre-order offers at release since otherwise it would let people get things with crazy levels of discounts depending on how cheaply they bought gear credits in the past for.  Or will the gear credit prices not reflect the intro discount?  Not that I care at this point, it just was a crazy thought that occurred to me in this thread.  While I hope IK ships it soon, right now November is kind of booked up with new releases.  Two new game consoles, new CPUs, new GPUs, crazy prices on SSD storage.  I think the average IK customer is going to be stretched a bit thin.

• Like 2

I keep finding references to these ultra cheap gear credits, but I'm not familiar with the background story and the current offer doesn't seem to warrant the hype. Did you guys stock up on them 10 years ago when it was, I dunno, $1000 credits for $100? :)

• Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I keep finding references to these ultra cheap gear credits, but I'm not familiar with the background story and the current offer doesn't seem to warrant the hype. Did you guys stock up on them 10 years ago when it was, I dunno, $1000 credits for $100? :)

Yeah, I've thought about buying gear credits before but always just ended up using normal money.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Advantage to buying with Gear Credits is that it lowers the price...

Yep. I do this often.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

The DISADVANTAGE is that it instantly becomes NFR,

This I didn't know!!