Selection in ruler on clip range - how to change behavior?

LarsF

Hi
Keep being bothered how selection in ruler changes it's range as I select a clip and various things.
I remember in StudioOne there were loads of settings regarding this - what kind of selections you wanted - and not.

Anything like this in Cakewalk?
I basically want to draw myself, or doubleclick somewhere or similar to get selection on clip range or between markers and such.

Thanks.

The most common options are defined in the Track View Options menu:

image.png.3f0b3526920d63156adcfcce07870b7c.png

As far as Markers, Tempos and Meter/Key go, these are automatically selected with the time range... however by default, the drag/drop operations and cut/copy/delete/paste operations won't take these into account  (unless you're ripple editing).

The cut special / copy special / delete special / paste special operations allow you to check/uncheck which of these you want to include / exclude, e.g. for "Copy Special" / Paste Special:

image.png.81e81440b7f646cb8833b31a5b52a9b4.pngimage.png.d6905e26393904058614a3ac52ff7a56.png 

In addition, you can also further filter out your selection by using the Edit->Select->By Filter dialog:

image.png.31c902e45341ecfc8dd08f041ad1d2c2.png

The cool thing about the Event Filter dialog, is that you can save your own presets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

I always forget about those menu options.

Yesterday I looked through preferences and menus for meter settings I was sure was there, until I found it looking in manual on those menus in track and console view as well. It's a bit confusing, I think, not on main menu or preferences.

I have to shape up.