Anybody Using This?

mdiemer

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Just in case you were wondering, there's a few clarinets and bass clarinets in the 'Pop Brass and Woods' category in the AIR Structure 2 sampler (included in the AIR Instrument Expansion).

And in the 'World' category, accordions and more (never know when you might need a vuvuzela, a didjeridu, or a jaw harp:

Thanks, something to consider. I've been needing a decent soprano sax for awhile. 

More feedback on the Fanan site: The Clarinet is definitely free. It's on a par with Garritan clarinets.

The Brass inst. is also free, but rather disappointed me. The Accordion, which costs 20.00, is decent, but might take some tweaking to get it to sound the way I want.  Their synths allow a good deal of tweaking, fortunately.

Edited by mdiemer

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Very, very tempting. It says it can play un-encrypted NI files. The samples in NI Bandstand are in fact un-encrypted, so I may be able to actually use them again. not to mention the huge library they provide. 

The problem is, my birthday is coming up, and if I keep giving myself presents, I may not get any from my wife. Decision's decisions.

1 hour ago, mdiemer said:

Very, very tempting. It says it can play un-encrypted NI files. The samples in NI Bandstand are in fact un-encrypted, so I may be able to actually use them again. not to mention the huge library they provide. 

The problem is, my birthday is coming up, and if I keep giving myself presents, I may not get any from my wife. Decision's decisions.

It's normally sold as a part of the discounted AIR collection, but I've not often seen it for under $99 standalone.

I would only recommend buying Structure as a player for the included instrument library, not as a sampler to import your own samples.

The 1st reason for that opinion is that  it needs a  known bug fix for entering new text labels. Several others, including me, have noticed the UI will not take text entry any more . Maybe that's just a Windows 10 thing, and you might get lucky with Win 7. The only reason I still keep it around is for the sample collection, which isn't bad!

The 2nd reason is that is hasn't been updated since October 2015. No longer under current development, as far as I know. Probably too out of date for Win 10 use, other than as a player.

But for $20 this makes for a decent ROMpler! 😁

Edited by abacab

18 hours ago, abacab said:

It's normally sold as a part of the discounted AIR collection, but I've not often seen it for under $99 standalone.

I would only recommend buying Structure as a player for the included instrument library, not as a sampler to import your own samples.

The 1st reason for that opinion is that  it needs a  known bug fix for entering new text labels. Several others, including me, have noticed the UI will not take text entry any more . Maybe that's just a Windows 10 thing, and you might get lucky with Win 7. The only reason I still keep it around is for the sample collection, which isn't bad!

The 2nd reason is that is hasn't been updated since October 2015. No longer under current development, as far as I know. Probably too out of date for Win 10 use, other than as a player.

But for $20 this makes for a decent ROMpler! 😁

Thanks for that. This ticks my memory: Anderton awhile-back posted an article about how to import un-encrypted files into a sampler, like the sfozando player. It was complicated, but doable, although I have yet to try it. I may give it a shot at some point. I would then be able to "mine" NI Bandstand for any of its sounds I might want to use.

3 minutes ago, mdiemer said:

Anderton awhile-back posted an article about how to import un-encrypted files into a sampler, like the sfozando player. It was complicated, but doable, although I have yet to try it. I may give it a shot at some point. I would then be able to "mine" NI Bandstand for any of its sounds I might want to use.

Have you had a look at the TX16Wx sampler (free)? It is multi-timbral and you can import your own samples. Includes a mapping editor, wave editor and slicer, sound shaping and modulation. https://www.tx16wx.com/

TX16Wx Graphic.PNG