8Dio Instant Acoustic Guitar flash sale - $38

Amicus717

I have the steel string version and find it hard to make sound good. The solo section doesn't have round robin, legato or any other articulation (sounds robotic except in slow finger picking patterns) and the rhythms in the strum section are limited in number and style 

32 minutes ago, Monomox said:

I have the steel string version and find it hard to make sound good. The solo section doesn't have round robin, legato or any other articulation (sounds robotic except in slow finger picking patterns) and the rhythms in the strum section are limited in number and style 

I understand what you're saying.  I don't think the Steel String is a realistic guitar either. But I find it very beautiful, if you use the presets and play it slowly and dreamily. 

It has a delicacy in some of the presets. You can play really quietly on it.   What Malmsjo is to pianos, this is to guitars, if you use the more reverby and hybrid presets. Not for everyone, and not a go-to instrument by any measure, but beautiful.   Works better as an ambient, or even hybrid instrument IMO.  I am a guitar player for over 40 years and own many guitars and guitar VIs, but I find I play this a lot.  I guess it comes down to the kind of music you want to make.  For me, it does something my other stuff doesn't.   Sonic Zest's Ambient Cinematic Guitar series is another example of something that isn't "realistic," but I love.  Omnisphere's "Glorious Guitars" patch and PluginGuru's MegaMagic guitars are others.  

To talk myself out of buying this, I loaded up my Orange Tree Samples nylon guitar and loaded it up with effects.  But it just won't play like the steel string does or sound like the demos of the presets on this.  Hmmmmm....   Maybe that's because OTS is more of a realistic guitar?  

I think I'm probably going to end up getting this, and if they ever put a sale on their 12-string, I'll probably get that too.  

I don't use the strummer at all.  I prefer guitar instruments I can play rather than picking chords off of a menu.  

• Like 1