Floating Windows Question --> Multidock

Astraios

Hi and Hello

as a designated user of a "floating windows workflow" I have a question.

Opening the  (floating) Multidock by my shortcut command, the Multidock-Windows isn't highlighted or set as active and

compare to other floating windows (piano-roll or console) it isn't possible to minimize it by hitting the same key (shortcut) again

Can somebody explain, why it is this way?

Edited by Astra-Ios

I'm not sure what you mean when you say " compare to other floating windows (piano-roll or console) " 

Those are both part of the Multi dock. You end up with tabs for each of the views you have chosen to have available. That is the multi dock. And then you can undock it from it's default at the bottom and toss it on a second monitor if you have one. If not you just pop it up and down. You can save this all as a workspace so Cakewalk remembers how you like things to look ( most times) 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, John Vere said:

I'm not sure what you mean when you say " compare to other floating windows (piano-roll or console) " 

I use/abuse console, PRV, Synthrack and Browser windows outside of multidock. Multidock contains only softsynths and plug-ins here .
So if I bring up (for example) console-view as a seperate floating window it is active and highlighted after pop up. Touching the assigned console-shortcut again will do nothing (doesn't minimize it again) But browser-window and also multidock-window toggles on/off by hitting their shortcuts. (hmm?) However multidock appears without a highlighted menu. It's a miracle...

Thx for your answer 🙂

Edited by Astra-Ios

It seems like I am one of a very few operators using about 50 selfdefined shortcuts to control my setup in a maximun way...

Keymanager.thumb.PNG.533f3f6a7872ca8b016f15a20378c004.PNG

This scenario turns CbBLs predefined 2-key shortcut-sequence  ALT + S (all solo)
into a one single key action --> F1
(which was also changed before in the CbBL shortcut-editor into ALT+F9)

Just only complete wierd stuff I'm fumbling around

Edited by Astra-Ios