Ignite Pro updated to 5.0

cclarry

9 hours ago, Larry Shelby said:

Get it free if your update period from buying the Humble Bundle Bundle is still valid!

Mine was good until December!
https://fxhome.com/ignite-pro/whats-new

I have  successfully updated to the latest version. But when I click on Ignite Pro, it opens a box showing me the version, with options for Deactivate and View Help... It doesn't appear to open a program. Is that because it is integrate into HitFilm pro under the Effects menu? Or should it be doing something more, like opening in its own window?

It's a collection of plugins that work in various hosts.  The box that appeared is just the activation manager.

You need to load something like Blackmagic Resolve (free video editor) or Adobe After Effects to use these plugins.  I'm not sure about HitFilm, I thought these were "built" into it, but I've never really bothered looking that closely.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Pluto Gabo said:

I have  successfully updated to the latest version. But when I click on Ignite Pro, it opens a box showing me the version, with options for Deactivate and View Help... It doesn't appear to open a program. Is that because it is integrate into HitFilm pro under the Effects menu? Or should it be doing something more, like opening in its own window?

Ignite Pro doesn't work in HitFilm Pro.  Ignite Pro is a collection of HitFilm Pro effects for use in 3rd party DAWs (VEGAS, Resolve, Media Composer, Premiere Pro CC, etc.).  HitFilm has its own native version of these plugins, so it ignores the Ignite Pro OpenFX components.

In order to access Ignite Pro, you have to use a 3rd party DAW with OpenFX support.  If you only use HitFilm Pro, there is no point installing Ignite Pro on the machine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

It's a collection of plugins that work in various hosts.  The box that appeared is just the activation manager.

You need to load something like Blackmagic Resolve (free video editor) or Adobe After Effects to use these plugins.  I'm not sure about HitFilm, I thought these were "built" into it, but I've never really bothered looking that closely.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, Maestro said:

Ignite Pro doesn't work in HitFilm Pro.  Ignite Pro is a collection of HitFilm Pro effects for use in 3rd party DAWs (VEGAS, Resolve, Media Composer, Premiere Pro CC, etc.).  HitFilm has its own native version of these plugins, so it ignores the Ignite Pro OpenFX components.

In order to access Ignite Pro, you have to use a 3rd party DAW with OpenFX support.  If you only use HitFilm Pro, there is no point installing Ignite Pro on the machine...

Thank you very much gentlemen! That explains a lot!