Has Niative Instrumetns stopped service over mail?

Øyvind Skald

Seems I can only make a request via a forum like system. Much like the one you have when contacting your doctor and so on.

So, this is the feature now?

I still can’t find a way to use my NI S61 Keyboard with latest Windows Updates Installed. And I have no place to ask if there is any news about it.

This is not NI’s fault tho. It is Microsoft who push out this garbage update to break everything. I bet they do this to make NI go from their proprietary communication between keyboards and software, to something Microsoft can monitor.

But anyways, trying out if the new updates worked last weekend broke my Windows and I am still struggling to install everything and make it work. Now I had no sound from the Komplete Kontrol VSTs. Even tho they get midi signal inn. But not everyone gets midi signal inn ether. I just want to throw every NI and Microsoft thing in the bin where it belongs now.

Mind you. Just to reinstall Komplete Kontrol 12 Collectors Edition takes more than 12 hours. Doing that a couple of times drives you crazy.

1485584571_NIEtheralEarth.png.90e85fead1d184a12747ac8246c8ed51.png

1110547873_NISessionElectricSunburst.png.43f5c46da7a519bae61f3b00b6f757ea.png

1870145488_NIUnaCorda.png.19327a775c98079fe6a876730b3ce121.png

Here you see allot of the icons not installing correctly into the Komplete Kontrol software. Doing the trick of deleting the KK own gathers info files, so it must scan again, don’t solve anything.

All this because Microsoft Force out updates.

Yes, I had set the Window Update on hold. But I did install it once to test if I work with the even newer update. Because THERE IS NO INFO ON THIS ANYWHERE SO YOU HAVE TO TEST FOR YOURSELF!!!!

And installing the newest update did not fixing anything.

My keyboard were shill not more than a MIDI keyboard. No function of browsing the sounds, changing the sounds, their settings and so on.

So I unistalled the latest update. That did go as planed. But the Keyboard were still not working. And I tried to find the update that was breaking this, but that one was nowhere to be found, so I tried a system restore. And that worked for 10 min. Then the system hang, and my PC could not log in to Windows. I found C:/the SSD in the BIOS and could read from it, but Windows came into the infinite repair mode. You cannot go out of it, because it cannot repair because the repair is broken.

Mind you I have backup, but until now I have thought that a frets install of Windows is like fresh mowed grass, but that was then…

So  installing Winsows fresh is just fun for mye. But this is not.

Edited by ØSkald

Oh dear, you seem to be going through the wars lately ØSkald, sorry to hear about that. It is so frustrating when stuff like this goes awry and no one provider stands up and says, "yeah, it's us, I'm sorry."

I hope you get it all sorted soon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Oh dear, you seem to be going through the wars lately ØSkald, sorry to hear about that. It is so frustrating when stuff like this goes awry and no one provider stands up and says, "yeah, it's us, I'm sorry."

I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Thank you

I think I make this into a little blog just because.

I am now uninstalling whe whole NI Komple 12 pack. But 2 of them failed to uninstall så i have to install them again just to uninstall them for a CLEAN install.

But...

Trouble one.

The drive is too small for the isntall it say.

But as you see here, there is plenty of Space.

1367010155_NINativeAccesssettings.PNG.acd4ceaa92761caa098fa1c0145c1bf5.PNG

1840790527_NISampleDrive.PNG.6ebab1858e934c6b0c36595d05d7a108.PNG

2046194888_NITempdriveforinstallation.PNG.78f1d71413a46a91ae7781a490f10ccc.PNG

But i think i Just install it to a HDD drive first and make it work and move the sample data to the SSD.

• Like 1

By the way, the devil is this KB4487044 update. But you cannot in any way just stop that devil. You ether stop all, or let everything update. And latest update, one I can’t install, makes so that the KB4487044 gets impossible to uninstall.

Edited by ØSkald