AAS Chromaphone 3

cclarry

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Yeah, I noticed this too....more so in this version as they are using two engines.

That would explain the cpu!

Is this comparable in sound quality to omnisphere? Or do you buy in at the first price and then spend more for ad packs up the wazoo?

I'll check the demo so I'm not a total ***** . . . just an initial question . . .

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Is this comparable in sound quality to omnisphere?

In sound quality it probably exceeds Omnisphere. The sounds are based on eight physically modeled acoustic resonators. "This versatile instrument provides a delightful mixture of real-life presence and distinctive timbres that can't be found anywhere else." It was originally designed as a chromatic and percussion instrument, but has evolved greatly since.

"According to the maker of the instrument, Chromaphone is driven by drum skins, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes, which form pairs that are sparked to life by a configurable mallet and a flexible noise source. At the heart of Chromaphone lies a coupling technology that precisely models how vibrating objects interact and influence each other, capturing key acoustic behaviours of musical instruments. This, combined with access to the resonators’ physical properties, results in a library of truly expressive instruments as well as a vast range of sonic colors, according to Applied Acoustics Systems."

In sounds quantity it probably is not even close to Omnisphere. I say this as a non-Omnisphere user, but they are different animals. Omni is more of a general purpose synth, and much of it is sample based. But Omni is generally considered to be one of the finest for it's broad sounds library.

I would heartily recommend Chromaphone as a companion to your desert island synth collection, not as a replacement...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, antler said:

Sorry for the slightly dumb question: I have AAS Player installed, and have a fairly large NKS folder inside it. If I don't use the NKS features on my hardware, am I free to just delete the NKS folder?

@antler You should be okay.  I never download the NKS with my install file.  In your AAS account there is a box at the top of your product page to indicate if you want to include it or not.  Mine remains unticked.

I was kind of hoping for one of their "complete your collection" specials but haven't seen any indication of it so I may go ahead and pick this one up.

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

@antler You should be okay.  I never download the NKS with my install file.  In your AAS account there is a box at the top of your product page to indicate if you want to include it or not.  Mine remains unticked.

I was kind of hoping for one of their "complete your collection" specials but haven't seen any indication of it so I may go ahead and pick this one up.

Definitely write AAS.  They may be able to offer you a deal tailored to what you have now.   And in a few days, most everything in the store will be half price.

For those of you who don't know, if you have collected duplicates of expansion libraries, promotions, etc., they will swap your dupes for new ones of your choice.

Also they usually give out a free expansion as a Christmas gift to people on their list.  Important to know when you are strategizing your next AAS purchase

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

57 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

For those of you who don't know, if you have collected duplicates of expansion libraries, promotions, etc., they will swap your dupes for new ones of your choice.

Yup, this is true. I wrote them about my dupes and got replacements added to my collection. AAS are good folks!👍

• Like 3

Still afraid to test it ....

Me : 2020 is fuked up , be cool with purchases zo 

Nov : mjuc, neold , amplesound semi hollow , audiothing wires , testing pulsar mu, considering arturia fx collection ....  😪

Edited by Zo
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Definitely write AAS. 

@Reid Rosefelt  Thanks, I think I will.  They are an excellent company and they have swapped out dupes for me in the past - I've tried not to abuse it!!

I thought they had offered the 50% deal on the collection previously.  I currently have EP-4, GS-2, & VA2.  My only upgrade offer is to upgrade to VA3 for $79 or what I'd really like, to complete my collection adding VA3, Chromaphone 3, Objeq Delay, VS-3, & VA-3) for $249.   So, I'm hoping for it at 50% off or $124.50 over the holidays.  I couldn't afford it the last time it came up (okay, I can't afford it now but I'd do it, haha)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The last time they had a big sale, they had extra discounts for you to complete your collection of sounds for any of their instruments.    Of course the problem with completing your collection is that you won't be able to use their Christmas present of one free library.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1