Latency problems with hardware

Hi guys,

I have some serious latency problems when recording audio from my hardware synth in cakewalk.    I tried to record audio from my monologue and prophet 08, and both times the audio was delayed.  I tried to play the audio directly and also via midi signal from daw to synth, but with the same results. i played with the latency settings in cakewalk, but it didn`t really do anything . I have a PC running Win7 and a Steinberg UR22 Interface.

There are two possible causes when monitoring through the DAW: audio driver settings and plug-ins in the project.

When running the UR22 with the manufacturer supplied ASIO driver the audio buffer setting is changed using software supplied by the manufacturer. Make sure the driver is installed. CbB is set to ASIO driver mode and the ASIO buffer setting is set to 128 samples or less.

If there are any effect plug-ins in the project, try bypassing all effects using keyboard shortcut "E" or the FX button in the Mix module. If the problem goes away when effects are bypassed, the latency is caused by plug-in delay compensation needed by some of the plug-ins in the project to keep all the tracks in sync. Either leave all the plug-ins temporarily bypassed or isolate the plug-ins that need PDC and bypass or replace them. While reading about the FX button check out the PDC button documentation too.

Or do not monitor the synth audio through the DAW; use the MIX knob on the interface to monitor the audio inputs and mix enough audio from the DAW to hear any pre-recorded tracks.