Arranger Track Problems

John Roynon

I am having problems renaming sections when working with the arranger track. At first I thought it was only happening when I double click on a section name to change it. However I also have problems when using the drop down menu. I click on section to rename it. It lets me type in the new name but when I hit return it just hangs. The program locks up and no other features work. The only way out of it is to close the program and start again. I have discovered that CTRL S will save the current status but this is happening without warning. When I reopen the project I can rename sections but if I do any other editing and come back to the arranger track to rename sections it happens again.

Just now, John Roynon said:

I am having problems renaming sections when working with the arranger track. At first I thought it was only happening when I double click on a section name to change it. However I also have problems when using the drop down menu. I click on section to rename it. It lets me type in the new name but when I hit return it just hangs. The program locks up and no other features work. The only way out of it is to close the program and start again. I have discovered that CTRL S will save the current status but this is happening without warning. When I reopen the project I can rename sections but if I do any other editing and come back to the arranger track to rename sections it happens again.

@John Roynon - is this still happening for you in the EA release?  Some work was done to remedy this in that release.

We're working really hard to get to the bottom of this issue, but we're having problems reproducing the problem.

We think it's related to monitor setup and DPI settings, so if you are seeing this issue, please let us know:

• What version/build of Cakewalk you're running (you can find this out on the About screen)
  • What version of Windows you're using
  • How many monitors you have connected to your system
  • How those monitors are arranged (e.g. main monitor on the left, 2nd monitor on the right), and which one is your main monitor
  • What the resolution and DPI settings are for each monitor (e.g.  1920 x 1080, DPI 100%)
  • What graphics adapter you're using.

For example, my system is as follows:

Cakewalk 2020.10 (Build 075)
Windows 10 1909
Monitor 1 (main monitor, left) 1920 x 1080 DPI 100%
Monitor 2 (right) 1920 x 1080 DPI 100%
Intel Graphics 4000

If you're having this renaming issue,  please send your version of this information to @Ben Staton and @Jonathan Sasor so they can look into it further.