A really basic feature Cakewalk is missing: Clip gain adjusting

Craig Reeves

There are other ways to do it in pro tools but it is almost exactly the same way. I know people want features to be the same across the board in every DAW but each DAW has to be different to collect different users to its features. I believe in pro tools..its even called the smart tool as well just like cakewalk

The problem I was having was that I wasn't aware that you could switch from clip mode to clip automation mode as quickly. So that's why I was under the impression that this couldn't be done easily so my apologies everybody. Not only that but I was under a tremendous amount of stress earlier this week and was already in a bad mood. Like I said I shouldn't have taken it out on you guys so I'm sorry for that.

• Like 1

It's all good - the number of times I've sat looking at some mess I've gotten myself into in front of my DAW or NLE and went "F#%K IT, I'M GOING TO BE AN ACCOUNTANT INSTEAD 🤬" and yet somehow managed to restrain myself from ranting online is far too many to count! HAHA! (Also, I really don't want to be an accountant. 😕)

Both the blessing and curse of CbB is there's so many ways to get to the end goal. It's great for adapting the workflow to fit the individual's needs but when it's something off of the beaten path that you have to do to get there (even if the actual act of it is super easy), that can trip up even experienced users. I think I've said in another thread that I'm pretty competent with Cakewalk stuff and have been using it for decades but this forum still surprises me when someone goes "oh yeah, but you can also do that like THIS" and it completely changes how you work with a tool. It's awesome!

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Craig Reeves said:

The problem I was having was that I wasn't aware that you could switch from clip mode to clip automation mode as quickly. So that's why I was under the impression that this couldn't be done easily so my apologies everybody. Not only that but I was under a tremendous amount of stress earlier this week and was already in a bad mood. Like I said I shouldn't have taken it out on you guys so I'm sorry for that.

No problem.

We're all family here - and as you know, family sometimes disagree on certain things too. I'm gonna do the same and apologise my side, if I'd offended you in any way. I had my share of getting my A** spanked on the forum too. That got me thinking -- maybe I should start approaching my replies differently and stop being so straight forward, Guess I have to thank the old man for his inheritance. (May his soul rest in peace.)

It's all good bud. ☺

DAMMIT, Why are you so angry?

• Like 2