vst scanner

solemndave

Hey everyone! Hope there's someone out there that's got a solution for this conundrum.  I just picked up a UA apollo x4 and VST Scan keeps freezing around the letter "C" or "D" and I have to kill it in task manager and start over, reboot etc. I've tried re-installing both Cakewalk and the UA software but no go. Tried the reset and manual scans in preferences...Even tried deleting the plugins that it gets hung up on. Any ideas? Please? btw, Everything works great in Reaper.

Attached is a pic of the properties of my vstscan.exe file. Sorry, I can't find the log file, don't have a clue of where to look.

Thanks much!

vstscan.png

Hi scook, thanks for getting back to me. I've seen your posts here, you seem to be the expert 😁

The first pic (no uad) doesn't see the UAD plugins at all. In the second pic I added the path of the UAD plugins and it picks up some, then freezes. I've left it overnight and it doesn't move farther along. I tried deleting that plugin from the folder, but it just goes to the next one and hangs there.  I have not purchased the plugin that it hangs on, but I have purchased a bunch farther along the alphabet. (as it seems to scan them alphabetically). I'm running win10 64bit ver2004, all updated. I have also tried disabling my anti-virus.

Hope you have some ideas.

Thanks again,

Dave

no uad.png

scan uad with hangup.png