Sampletank 4 causing Cakewalk by Bandlab to crash

Richard Hunter

Do you get the C0000005 Exception error message ?  I had this, and with IK's support ended up doing a full uninstall including deleting all registry references. I believe it may have been related to  corruption with the audio drivers on my laptop but can't be sure.

3 minutes ago, Richard Hunter said:

Only one instrument at a time--no multis.  Only one instance of ST4 running.  Other plugins on a given project include EZBass, EZDrummer, True Pianos.

What are your PC specs?  Are you using version 4.13 of ST4?  Have you tried it with both the VST2 and VST3 versions?

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

What are your PC specs?  Are you using version 4.13 of ST4?  Have you tried it with both the VST2 and VST3 versions?

The PC is a recently refurbished custom build from Studio Cat (Jim Rosenberry).   Sample Tank version is 4.13.  Testing now with VST2 and VST3.  

Meanwhile, I loaded up a Cakewalk project with no plugins other than Sampletank 4 in it.  It was up and running for about 30 minutes.  Then I tried linking a MIDI track to the audio track containing Sample Tank 4, and the computer restarted.  So it's not a conflict with any other plugins.  It may have to do with Cakewalk's MIDI routing.  Stay tuned for more.

Update: I noticed recently that my M-Audio Hammer 88 controller is having trouble connecting with Cakewalk.  I just updated the firmware in that controller, and we'll see whether that improves things.

Edited by Richard Hunter
New activity

17 hours ago, figuly said:

Do you get the C0000005 Exception error message ?  I had this, and with IK's support ended up doing a full uninstall including deleting all registry references. I believe it may have been related to  corruption with the audio drivers on my laptop but can't be sure.

Didn't get that message.  Windows inform me that my PC needs to restart. and off we go.

I may have found the solution.  I mentioned earlier that my M-Audio Hammer 88 controller has been acting up some.  I updated the firmware in that device from version 1.0.2 to 1.0.9.  (I must have missed a few along the way.)   I've had a fairly complex project including ST4 running on the machine for over an hour with no issues.  

So many moving parts to this stuff.