Some USB devices not recognised

Ted Raven

Question

Some of my USB devices are not being recognised by Cakewalk, though they are present and active in the device manager (Win10 Pro 64, CW 2020.10). When I disconnect one of these unrecognised devices from its USB port, Cakewalk does actually recognise that it has been disconnected and suggests to reroute the MIDI ports (which obviously have not been routed before I disconnected the device). After reconnecting the device, it is being recognised by Cakewalk but therefore another USB MIDI device won't be recognised anymore. When I disconnect and reconnect the latter, the first device is not listed as active anymore. A vicious circle. It clearly is not a certain device that won't be recognised by CW. I have to admit that I have quite a few USB devices, as there are a sixteen port MIDI interface (with six ports deactivated in CW), four synths connected directly to the computer's USB, and two controllers with direct USB connection. All the ten synths connected via the sixteen port interface work fine, while at least three of the directly connected devices are inactive or not even listed at all. So I have a maximum of thirteen devices connected to four USB ports I can use at the same time instead of sixteen devices connected to seven USB ports. I do use a USB hub (active) but there does not seem to be any rule if the devices are connected to the hub or directly to the PC.

7 answers to this question

Where can I post bug reports? Is this the place? Will questions be read by (or forwarded to ) Cakewalk developers? The USB issue is a serious problem and will make it impossible for me to use Cakewalk anymore. Actually I am currently pausing my work in hope for a bug fix.

If needed, I will not hesitate to provide whatever information I can.

I completely forgot that I opened this thread. 

So, I e-mailed the support. after a bit of e-mail correspondence ich which I explicitly stated that I am using Cakewalk by Bandlab, I got the answer that I should be aware that Sonar X2 is not being supported anymore.  WTH? My reply, that I am not using X2 but CbB has been ignored since. So no help from the support. If Cakewalk wasn't the DAW with by far the best MIDI implementation I would switch to another one.

Edited by Ted Raven