Will we be able to search the old forum here?

gmp

Will we eventually be able to do searches of the old forum here? In other words will they archive the old forum so when we do searches it will not only  search this forum but the archives of the old forum? 

I remember hearing someone saying that was the plan. I hope eventually we will be able to do that instead of having to go back to the old forum and searching both forums. I wonder how long the old forum will be around? People are still posting there 

• Like 1

Ah this brings up a question for me. Will we still be allowed to enter our user accounts to have access to download older add on software we purchased and owned from the Cakewalk store before the change over?

I had purchased Dimension Pro and still use lot of stuff from Expansion Packs for it and Rapture and all are now still usable with Rapture Pro.

I still have various earlier versions of SONAR running on various old computers as well that still work but too old to run x64 OS's never mind CbB.

LoL, it's kind of silly, I know,  it's like my own personal museum of old projects and advancements in tech with a plethora of the old plugins long forgotten that no longer offered that were an inherent part of the sound and feel of the projects, that could take ages to replicate mixing with the newer much better plugin tech of today.

That would actually require hours and hours reverse engineering, bit crushing and what not to even get close to the beautiful "cheapness" of the original sound. Never mind all the old "Cakewalk StudioWare" modules I've created and projects with "Audio Mulch" and ancient versions of "Reason" Rewired to SONAR.

Without these old computers running I might as well try opening and reworking these projects directly in Pro Tools just to save some time. 😖

It wouldn't be hard to add a search-the-old-forums feature here. Might be a nice convenience, at least for a while. There is an enormous amount of information there, and it'll be years before this forum gathers the critical mass of data needed to make it a comparable resource.

3 hours ago, Steev said:

Ah this brings up a question for me. Will we still be allowed to enter our user accounts to have access to download older add on software we purchased and owned from the Cakewalk store before the change over?

I had purchased Dimension Pro and still use lot of stuff from Expansion Packs for it and Rapture and all are now still usable with Rapture Pro.

I still have various earlier versions of SONAR running on various old computers as well that still work but too old to run x64 OS's never mind CbB.

LoL, it's kind of silly, I know,......

I'd like to know the same.  Where are all the older Cakewalk install files going to be hosted?  Many of the "standard" currently used products have not been ported to Bandlab (yet?) such as the Limiter, Multi-Band Compressor, LP EQ, etc.  These are some of the most modern and relevant things they released so the question isn't just the "legacy" stuff.  

Will that be hosted here now, or still on the old Cakewalk interface and servers?