Error when right clicking patch selector

Ted Raven

Question

When I choose a MIDI track and right click on the patch selector at the left of the screen, an error window appears that claims that I tried to execute an unsupported action. Furthermore, this dialogue cannot be closed. Also this happens, no matter whether a channel, bank, and programme have already been selected or not. Please have a look at the attached video. My CW version is 2020.10.

Cheers
Ted

Edit
I just did some research. Running Cakewalk on another PC with CW 2020.09 installed, the patch selector (or path browser) works perfectly well. So it seems to be an issue with the latest update. Both machines are Win10 Pro 64.

Edited by Ted Raven

7 answers to this question

Thanks but nope, there is no hidden dialogue box. And I won't reinstall CW. If I do so, I will have 2020.10 on both PCs, and if it indeed is an issue with 2020.10, I would have the problem on both PCs. I always update CW on one PC, test it, and then - if it works well - update the other PC.

1 hour ago, Ted Raven said:

My info box displayed the text "2020.10 #1", nothing more, nothing less. There was no information about early access.

Might be a German language version issue - sparse info in the dialog.

The first post in the Early Access forum has a rollback installer which you can run.