Going Down

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of the album I'm currently working on called "The Westerly Sessions Vol. IV".  The lead vocal was sung with a Studio Projects C1 through a Warm Audio TB12 mic preamp. The lead guitar parts were played with my Les Paul through TH-U.  The drums are Addictive Drums 2. As always, any comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks for listening.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=14125122

• Like 2

Doug,  once again I'm in awe of your guitar musicianship, song writing/arranging skills and also your prolific output. I'm thinking about all the work it takes from getting an idea then writing lyrics, chord progressions, etc etc, all of which you seem to have down with max efficiency.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:18 AM, Paul Bush said:

Yep yep yep , I just loved the Wah Wah.... y`cant beat a Wah Wah in my book, what vst effect did you use ? the  riff was just great never got monontunous and drove the song along nicely  ........great 

Thanks Paul - the guitar vst I used was Overloud's TH-U - I've been pretty happy with it since I purchased it a couple of years ago - the variety of tones is quite impressive in my opinion.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:49 PM, bjornpdx said:

Doug,  once again I'm in awe of your guitar musicianship, song writing/arranging skills and also your prolific output. I'm thinking about all the work it takes from getting an idea then writing lyrics, chord progressions, etc etc, all of which you seem to have down with max efficiency.

Thanks for the kind words Bjorn. I enjoy writing songs, but I also enjoy mixing them in Cakewalk - so it's a bit of fun for me all around.

Hi Douglas ,

I think this may be one of the first times I have listened to one of your tunes . I felt this song was a good listen .

I 'm a guitar player so you know I'm gonna dig some nice riff style rock that features a cool sounding guitar that kicks it into overdrive .

Yeah I also Love me some Wah Wah .

Overall I liked the sounds and structure of your tune . 

As far as crits go ...generally I don't go there until  I know a person  for a while  ...not that I have any  thing  to offer at in that department this moment,It's all good for now .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1