Looking for a sample project to study (midi)

Gary Freedman

Hi,

Total beginner here. I'm just now getting the hang of getting things working a little.

What would really be nice to study is a sample project that demonstrates how to route audio and midi around.

I've watched a few youtube videos. They're helpful.

Does anyone have a link to a basic sample project that a new user can study that shows audio and midi routing (sends, and from one bus to another).

When I say basic sample project, I mean:

1) Not overly complex

2) Uses plugins that come with Cakewalk so we can actually load it and run it.

Thanks!

Tonight I'll try to come up with some links for you.

I strongly encourage you to check out the Creative Sauce youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/CreativeSauce

You'll need to look back a couple of years to find the "basic" vids.  He uses Cakewalk in most of the vids so it's easy to learn and apply.

Excellent material, and he is a member on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

In my signature is a link to my web page and there is a tutorial on using a downloaded midi file to create a backing track. Step by step. 

Midi World has thousands of free midi files and a simple download system. Just click the download link and on my system the file goes to my download folder and opens in Media Player so I can pre view the file. It's hit and miss with quality but I have found dozens of great tracks here.  There is also pages and pages of helpful info about midi. 

https://www.midiworld.com/  

I also attached a CWP file for you that is just simple  midi. I used stock Cakewalk VST's 

Talking About My Baby.cwp

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Yes there's a whole sub forum here with tutorials.  The Cakewalk university series is a must watch for any newbies. This forum would be very quiet if more folks took the time to watch these.  They do miss a lot of details but the basic operation including setting up your ASIO interface are all covered. 

Edited by John Vere

When you open Cakewalk , (without opening a project) the "start screen" has a section to open any of the 4 demo projects. If the start screen isn't launching when you open Cakewalk , click "file" and there is an option there to open it. There is also an option to always open it.  

Weird , I have CbB on 3 pc's. (different versions) I can access the start screen from the Help menu on one with the demo projects , on another one I have to use File to access the demos, on the third , the demo projects aren't available.  I guess it's version specific . Sorry if I misled you .   ms

• 2 years later...