Focusrite driver not letting me use the buffer size slider anymore

petemus

I recall this working just fine with some driver version a while back, but no longer with the latest, version 4.65.5:

image.png.dc481967c0266ab155fcd712ab0a35b3.png

Is this entirely driver dependent or is there an option somewhere to enable it? Is it the same for other Scarlett users as well? I have the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen interface.

-Petemus

Hmm... I'm in ASIO mode, sure. Focusrite driver version exactly the same. CbB is the current Early Access version. Playback and Recording tab looks like this:

image.png.5545195dec9c635258515423d8958a62.png

Maybe it's some setting in the config file? My Scarlett 2i2 should be the default, since I've disabled the mobo Realtek altogether.

This is not such a big deal, but I think the slider was quite cool, and I sort of miss it now. 😁

1 hour ago, petemus said:

Hmm... I'm in ASIO mode, sure. Focusrite driver version exactly the same. CbB is the current Early Access version. Playback and Recording tab looks like this:

image.png.5545195dec9c635258515423d8958a62.png

Maybe it's some setting in the config file? My Scarlett 2i2 should be the default, since I've disabled the mobo Realtek altogether.

This is not such a big deal, but I think the slider was quite cool, and I sort of miss it now. 😁

Weird. Try a reinstall of the EA. 

With Cakewalk closed, rename the AUD.INI file and then restart Cakewalk.  That file will be rebuilt with its default settings. See if that gets the buffer slider back.

This file can be found in the following folder  (Make sure you've set Windows to view extensions of known file types)

%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Don't be surprised when the fader is disabled with RME. They do not support the feature.

I don't think I will - maybe the RME has something else, feature-wise, to make up for lack of the buffer size slider...  😁