NPR bumper music 2

David Sprouse

On 10/31/2020 at 8:25 AM, David Sprouse said:

It's true jesse, I haven't experienced pleasure for more than 20 years.    My greatest regret is not having a sense of humor.  I can't find anything  funny.

David . . . now that you mentioned it . . . I do hear a bit of cackling  around 1'10" emanating from the lower orchestra left, 3rd row . . . oops, sorry, you said crackling . . . nope didn't hear any of that.

Well, just my crude attempt to throw some humor your way, despite it all.

But seriously, as always David, an insightful piece of composition. I was trying to picture how you come up with this type of thing. It's not like "jamming" like many here might do. Whatever you do to develop it, it certainly sounds out well by the end product. The violin sampling is very realistic (assuming you don't actually play violin he says to himself). Myself, I'm always in search of that realistic cello sound, any tips ? (other than learning to play one myself)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, noynekker said:

David . . . now that you mentioned it . . . I do hear a bit of cackling  around 1'10" emanating from the lower orchestra left, 3rd row . . . oops, sorry, you said crackling . . . nope didn't hear any of that.

Well, just my crude attempt to throw some humor your way, despite it all.

But seriously, as always David, an insightful piece of composition. I was trying to picture how you come up with this type of thing. It's not like "jamming" like many here might do. Whatever you do to develop it, it certainly sounds out well by the end product. The violin sampling is very realistic (assuming you don't actually play violin he says to himself). Myself, I'm always in search of that realistic cello sound, any tips ? (other than learning to play one myself)

We think alike;  I know it's dangerous.  :D:D   They're usually dreams, or day dreams of sorts.     Almost always, I picture me or someone else playing the piece   I'm pretty much using VSL SE, although I own chamber strings.  There's still alot for me to learn about vsl and how to wring aunthenticity out of them,

I thought that I commented on this previously but I didn't see it ---- Oh well, another senior moment.  Nope, I didn't hear a crackle either.  As an ardent NPR listener, I think that you nailed the kind of bumper music that they play.  Great sounds and excellent mix. 

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

I thought that I commented on this previously but I didn't see it ---- Oh well, another senior moment.  Nope, I didn't hear a crackle either.  As an ardent NPR listener, I think that you nailed the kind of bumper music that they play.  Great sounds and excellent mix. 

Freddy thank you for commenting.  I've been listening to my songs in the car lately, this one sounds like it's in a hole there's so much reverb on it. :D:D  It baffles me how our stuff can sound so different when listened to on different equipment.  Thank you for your kind words.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David,

Very nice music. I didn't hear anything overt around that place. If it was there it was very small. Maybe a tiny little pop. I would have to listen a few more times to be sure I heard it frankly.

Great mix of instrument choices, Would fit an NPR slot nicely.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, Makke said:

Pleasant composition and sounds.

Thank you for listening Makke.

On 12/25/2020 at 4:05 PM, Starise said:

Hi David,

Very nice music. I didn't hear anything overt around that place. If it was there it was very small. Maybe a tiny little pop. I would have to listen a few more times to be sure I heard it frankly.

Great mix of instrument choices, Would fit an NPR slot nicely.

Thanks for your observations starise, I value your insight.

• 4 weeks later...