Interesting bit of history

Doc H

Having been a young musician in the SF Bay Area, I got to see the likes of Sequential Circuits, Mesa Boogie, Dean Markley, and other companies go from small operations to large foot prints in the Bay.

I stumbled across this while looking for some info on some old Furman Audio gear (PEQs and the sort). Made for an interesting read.

http://www.furmanhistory.com

Yes, that was interesting. Thanks for sharing the link. 

For no particular reason, I'd always pictured Furman as maybe a subdivision of some Taiwanese manufacturing giant (which it now is), not a mom 'n pop startup by hippies. I'm looking at a Furman product right now, at the bottom of my rack.

I'm off to go check it out now - thanks Doc! 

Every one of my racks featured a Furman and I even had their floorboard (shown below).  Nothing ever failed - excellent gear!

Stomps2.jpg

[Edit - Uh oh!  Ed won't like this quote from that page!  LMAO!  "The name Alembic meant nothing to me..." 😆]

https://www.furmanpower.com/support/legacy-product-documents?div=01&id=SPB-8

This link has manuals.

Whatever i have is exactly the spb8 with a hard case.

It is awesome.i basically use it as a suitcase for pedals.

I don't leave it configured. I plug in what i want when i open it.

The splitting feature is cool but kinda complicated. Mostly, i use it for a pedal power supply and carrying case.

Edited by Gswitz

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Yes, that was interesting. Thanks for sharing the link. 

For no particular reason, I'd always pictured Furman as maybe a subdivision of some Taiwanese manufacturing giant (which it now is), not a mom 'n pop startup by hippies. I'm looking at a Furman product right now, at the bottom of my rack.

I have had Furman power conditioners in my guitar rig since the 80’s not even realizing they were a SF Bay Area Company back then, nor what the history was.