Cakewalk doesn't show Bias AMP2

Scott Bronder

Hi,

I didn't realize that Bias Amp 2 wasn't available in Cakewalk until your thread.

I've just done a scan and yes the Bias Amp 2 VST is not showing in the plugin manager, in fact no VST plugins are showing in the manager.

I've pointed the scan to all my system VST folders and re scanned but nothing shows.

The only plugins showing are the VST 3 plugins.

Can other users please check if VST plugins are scanning.

Using Cakewalk 2020.09 

I'm using Biasfx2 with no issues. Just make sure the path to the .dll (e.g. BIAS FX 2_x64.dll) is listed in  Cakewalk VST settings scan paths. You need to locate the .dll, not the executable program.

If this doesn't fix the issue then a reinstall could help.

I stand corrected the VST plugins are now showing, I've got two folders one 'VSTPlugins' the other  'VST Plugins'  (notice the space)

Now I've added a link to both folders in plugin manager all VST's have been recognized.

Scott is this maybe why Bias Amp 2 is not showing.?

Edited by Brian Cadoret
Text

9 hours ago, lmu2002 said:

I'm using Biasfx2 with no issues. Just make sure the path to the .dll (e.g. BIAS FX 2_x64.dll) is listed in  Cakewalk VST settings scan paths. You need to locate the .dll, not the executable program.

If this doesn't fix the issue then a reinstall could help.

Yeah.. BiasFX works with no issues, Bias AMP is different program

OK.. I figured it out. Thanks for the hints for things to look for.  The Bias Amp plugin was in a directory that was not included in the list of directories to look for in the VST settings.  I looked at Reaper's paths and found one missing.

C:\Program Files\Vstplugins

Thanks!

Sott

You can easily end up with 4 or more folders that the installers will use or create durring install. The normal duplicates are the ones that end up in both the Program FIles and the Program Files (x 86) folders. A lot of 3rd party VST's use the Steinberg VST folder which is also found in the 2 main Program folders.  

If I grab a new VST and it is just a .dll file I always put that in my Steinberg folder so I can keep track of them.