[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.10 Early Access

Morten Saether

37 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Probably Windows giving trouble. Might never happen again.

Did you try to close Cakewalk using Task Manager? A bit better than restarting.

When I forcibly terminated it with Task Manager, access was denied and I could not do it.
The problem is infrequent but repeated.

Another problem is that the "Articulation MAP Editor" suddenly stops recognizing "artmap files".
It's working fine except for Articulation related ...

Is it a problem because it is an OS other than English?
I'm running the language in English.
I can't deal with the problem of windows at the moment.

Edited by Toy

I will post one request other than the defect.

I think that many of the "key switches" are set to the bass range.
Therefore, I feel very uncomfortable if there is an input part at the top.
Is it possible to select the display position on the lower side?

In a position like this.
request.jpg.00f5448f3a612c4b9989e8294a217a2c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

22 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Does Cakewalk instruments comes with their own keyswitches? (like Legato, pizzicato, staccato etc.) 

No.

If you're going to be doing real work, you're really going to want something better than Studio Instruments.

If you can't buy something like Total Studio MAX 2 (on sale - or Komplete when it has a similar sale for a similar price as TSM2 right now), then a great budget option is SONiVOX.

If you Only need Orchestral Sketching Library, then Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 and Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra are both budget-friendly options.  Avoid HALion Symphonic Orchestra.  The other two are better, and around the same price point.

14 hours ago, Hillmy said:

MIDI CC sent out from the Reason Rack plugin doesn't seem to work in Cakewalk. For example using the Pulsar Dual LFO with the MIDI Out device and connecting the CV from Pulsar to the CV to MIDI connection in MIDI Out. Cakewalk registers that there is MIDI getting sent out because I see the meter in the MIDI track and I see the MIDI light signal in DS Thorn synth flashing at the rate of the LFO from Pulsar, but when I click MIDI Learn on anything, it doesn't learn the MIDI, it just keeps waiting.

This works in Ableton Live 10. This also works if I use a VST Wrapper in Cakewalk that is VST2 and load Reason Rack within it, then the MIDI Learn works. It would seem that the VST3 implementation in Cakewalk doesn't support it yet. Searching online this issue it seems that this is a recent new function to the VST3 standard that was brought over from VST2 and some DAW's updated their VST3 implementation that includes this. Ableton and Reaper didn't have this function before but with their new updates they do now.

Can you please update the VST3 implementation in Cakewalk so it has the latest VST3 function to accept sending MIDI CC through plugins. I tested this with the new 2020.10 Early Access build and it doesn't work and doesn't work in the released 2020.09 version either.

I'll investigate thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I'll investigate thanks.

Thank you for looking into it.

And if it isn't much trouble since I talked about the Reason Rack plugin. There is a small bug in Cakewalk that makes me unable to type anything in the plugin. I can work around it by copy/paste what I want to type in Notepad then copy/paste in the plugin, but I would rather not have to do that. Even if I select "give all keystrokes to the plugin" from the Cakewalk vst plugin window, nothing changes. All that happens is me activating the Cakewalk shortcuts. This function works in other DAW's however.

22 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Hmmm. Here is a screenshot of GPO - Wet - Section Strings - Cellos - Cello KS Combo. So we don't seem to be talking about the same GPO.

GPO5 has many more string patches than GPO4.  They are identified as Garritan Orchestral Strings.  All instruments  in GPO 5 have both standard and notation  patches. The notation patches all use octave 0 for key switching

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Toy said:

Articulation Maps is a very useful feature.

I will report it because it is in a strange state.
I displayed the input menu by right-clicking, but sometimes I can't input at all.
In this case, the menu will not disappear no matter what you do at this time.
menu2.png.b94a918d40cf3a587b765c9723f46a54.png

When I finished Cakewalk in this state, the menu was discolored and remained. I couldn't forcibly terminate it until I restarted the PC.menu1.png.8f421a2e8e2af95fa66c0c4cdffc85c5.png

Since this phenomenon appears suddenly, the conditions for occurrence are unknown, but it occurs regardless of the project.

I ran this problem. All I did was Ctrl+Alt+Del and closed every instance of CbB that was open in the Task Manager. Opened CbB again, now it works fine. 

Don't know why that happened, but it's gone now. 

15 hours ago, Maestro said:

No.

If you're going to be doing real work, you're really going to want something better than Studio Instruments.

If you can't buy something like Total Studio MAX 2 (on sale - or Komplete when it has a similar sale for a similar price as TSM2 right now), then a great budget option is SONiVOX.

If you Only need Orchestral Sketching Library, then Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 and Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra are both budget-friendly options.  Avoid HALion Symphonic Orchestra.  The other two are better, and around the same price point.

Just wanted to know if the Cakewalk Instrument comes with DEFAULT Keyswitches for the purpose of training a class.

Thanks for the shopping list though, but I'm good. 😂

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Still on EA1

I can no longer see wav forms while editing envelopes on top of the parent track (not envelope lane). This isn't good as it is interpreting not to display because the clip is muted (which it is not)?

Ooops...

10 minutes ago, Keni said:

I can no longer see wav forms while editing envelopes on top of the parent track (not envelope lane). This isn't good as it is interpreting not to display because the clip is muted (which it is not)?

With Cakewalk closed, try deleting your Picture Cache.

Te actual location can be derived from your AUD.INI file found here   (PictureDir=)

%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

With Cakewalk closed, try deleting your Picture Cache.

Te actual location can be derived from your AUD.INI file found here   (PictureDir=)

%appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Thanks, but it’s not that issue. The image files are intact. If I switch the edit filter to clips I see the images.

This happens when I change the edit filter to volume intending to draw envelopes on top of images in parent track with all lanes/envelope lanes closed. I believe this is related to the hide muted clips option somehow.