Spitfire Audio- Avail. November 5, 2020 - Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations

Hidden Symmetry

Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations

The Iconic Sound of Cinema

Pre-Order $349

Available Thursday November 5, 2020

Enter the room most composers can only dream of: Studio One at Abbey Road. Unparalleled and exclusive access to the world’s most celebrated recording location for movie music — from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, to Harry Potter and Avengers: Endgame — it doesn’t get more iconic.

In our first collaboration with Abbey Road Studios, we recorded a complete 90–piece symphonic orchestra the same way your favourite composer would: unmistakable acoustics, exceptional players, award-winning sound engineers and priceless microphones. Strings, brass and woodwinds are grouped into ensembles for instant playability, completed by an exciting cinematic percussion section, all housed in our award-winning dedicated plug-in.

HERE

• Like 1

Yes, this looks interesting. I hope they release a demo / taster type library like BBCO Dicover. Always better to use these in actual projects to hear what's useful (or not.)

Also worth noting:

Abbey Road One: Orchestral Foundations is the first in a series of Film Scoring Selections, all recorded in Studio One. Pre-order Abbey Road One and choose another title in this series for free when available in early 2021 – RRP £49 $49 49€. Offer ends November 5, 2020.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fleer said:

No legato? Why would they not add legato?

I guess to do it right is a lot of work.  It's a ton of samples (which is very hard to get ensembles to play).  A ton of processing of those samples.  A lot of scripting.  And the synthesized/fake versions sound wonky.  Spitfire has done it though, they know how to do it.  So I'm really drawing a blank as to why they wouldn't at least include it.  10 mics but no legato.  Crazy.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...