AXE I/O Control Panel and Firmware Updates (Not a Deal)

ZincT

Released 6th October 2020.

AXE I/O Control Panel software updated to v1.2 and Firmware updated to v1.05

Download from your account --> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/ 

Update the Control Panel software then it will prompt to update the firmware from there.

Release Notes 
Changes from version 1.1.0:
Bug fix

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 3

Thanks.  This doesn't show in the Product Manager, so I appreciate the heads up that it was in accounts.

The changes report is funny and not very information rich.  Makes me suspect this might also have incorporated some changes for the release on 10/29 that are not yet being reported on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Thanks.  This doesn't show in the Product Manager, so I appreciate the heads up that it was in accounts.

The changes report is funny and not very information rich.  Makes me suspect this might also have incorporated some changes for the release on 10/29 that are not yet being reported on.

Yes, I only happened to notice it by chance and agree the changes report is a bit lacking in detail especially as it has been so long since the last update.
In fairness though it has been stable.

I think you could also be right about it being in preparation for the release on 29th.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since applying this update I have noticed that the AXE IO control panel pops up at Windows startup which it didn't do before the update.

So I had a look in Task Manager --> Start-Up  and noticed that there are two AXE IO control panels scheduled at startup.

One is marked as high impact and the other one is low impact.

So I disabled the high impact one and it no longer pops up but starts in the background just as it used to do before the update.

119285591_AXEIOUpdate.jpg.2ce5b264109014b0e27d1d482498bb3f.jpg

I cannot find where this second instance is initiated, but anyway disabling it seems to have the desired effect for now.

Anybody else notice this?

45 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I haven't seen that happen after the update and it's been just working as usual on my end. Not sure what's going on over there ZT.

Thanks Mesh. Did you uninstall the previous version or just install the new one over the top of the old one? 

Maybe I'll just uninstall and re-install to get it back to how it should be. Then again it all seems to be working fine. 🤔

27 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Thanks Mesh. Did you uninstall the previous version or just install the new one over the top of the old one? 

Maybe I'll just uninstall and re-install to get it back to how it should be. Then again it all seems to be working fine. 🤔

I just installed over the previous version and IIRC, rebooted after that.

• Thanks 1