Kontact Studio Drummer.

James Reid

Hello,

I tried using Studio Drummer in Cakewalk by Bandlab, but am having sound problems when playing files. There are pops and clicks when auditioning the groove clips. I have tried adjusting the latency in Cakewalk, but this makes no difference. It is the same when using Kontact in standalone mode. When I play files using Addictive Drums 2, there are no problems at all. Thank you.

At roughly 30 times for second the audio is muted for a few milliseconds. As though it is being passed through some sort beat-making effect. Could it be some sort of licensing issue with Studio Drummer? Although normally that sort of thing mutes every 10 seconds or so, or makes white noise at regular intervals.

Whatever it is, the rate of "damage" is constant all the way along.

Instead of loading a loop, add some midi notes yourself with the piano roll view and see how they sound.  Also, can you post a screenshot of the Events View for the loaded loop?

Don't suppose you have another Kontakt drum set. But how about any other Kontakt instrument. You can play a drum loop through it, it will just play funny notes, but you will still be able to recognise the distortion, if it is there.

Edited by Nigel Mackay

I have recently downloaded the Komplete 13 Ultimate Edition. I have installed all the programs and any updates. I have paid for the product, so there is no license issue.  I have tried different kits and am having the same problem. When I add midi notes using the keyboard, again I am having the same problem. I will have to get back to you on the Events view screenshot. Thank you.

Thank you Nigel. The video looks very useful. Unfortunately when I bring up Kontact 6, I cannot access the detailed settings icon, displayed in the video.  I have searched on the internet and the Native Instrument website, to see how to access the detailed settings, but nothing.

29 minutes ago, James Reid said:

Thank you Nigel. The video looks very useful. Unfortunately when I bring up Kontact 6, I cannot access the detailed settings icon, displayed in the video.  I have searched on the internet and the Native Instrument website, to see how to access the detailed settings, but nothing.

I'm guessing that detailed settings panel was supplied by the host DAW he was running, and not by Kontakt itself...

In this case the top bar of the plugin shot in the video appears to be FL Studio.

FL Studio Plugin Wrapper.PNG

Edited by abacab

On 10/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, James Reid said:

It is the same when using Kontact in standalone mode. When I play files using Addictive Drums 2, there are no problems at all. Thank you.

If you get this sound problem in Kontakt standalone, then you have already narrowed it down to Kontakt and the instrument, and not Cakewalk.

If Cakewalk can play Addictive Drums 2 without any issue, then it is not likely to be either a Cakewalk or a computer audio issue.

When I played the audio sample you provided, it sounded like a distorted reverb to me. Did you try turning off all FX in the instrument?

1 hour ago, James Reid said:

I have tried turning off all FX in the instrument, but am still having the same issues.

Well then I would focus on fixing it in the Kontakt standalone version. Then it should work fine as a plug-in for Cakewalk. As you stated earlier, "It is the same when using Kontact in standalone mode", which  would indicate that this sound is not Cakewalk related.

Have you opened a support ticket with NI yet? Since they are the publisher of both Kontakt and the Studio Drummer, they should be able to sort it out.

• Like 1