I thought it was about time too...

Rain

Took me decades to get the Telecaster buzz.

Then when I finally started considering getting one, I was always thinking of which configuration could best accommodate all my musical needs - with humbuckers, and this and that feature, until the only thing Tele left was the basic shape. So I kept buying Les Paul's and SG's.

But recently, I spent quite a bit of time listening music where the tele was prominently featured,  and I decided that I needed just that. Who cares if I don't use it with the metal band? I even decided that I wanted the classic butterscotch blonde finish. The Player series seemed like a good place to start (I owned a Player Strat for a while and it was a fine instrument).

That thing stands out like a sore thumb in the studio - or like Celine Dion in Ozzy Osbourne's mansion - but I absolutely love it.

Telecaster.jpg

Edited by Rain

In all honesty, I used to feel exactly the same. The headstock in particular seemed an assault on good taste. It also didn't help that they became very popular with hipsters for a while.

But the design eventually grew on me. 

The telecaster bride is the one thing I wasn't sure I'd be able to deal with.

Fortunately for me, this one comes with a modern bridge.  I love classic designs, and at some point in the future, I'll probably want one of those ashtray bridges, but for now, man, am I glad that I opted for a modern one.  Incredibly comfortable. 

81Z1BQcdNCL._AC_SS350_.jpg.8d6de06ae1193ade532af1b901950a41.jpg

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Wow - that is gorgeous, my friend!

It's a frankentele.

The body, bridge and controls were had off ebay (as a unit), I bought the Fender 50s neck, Fender tuners and Fender noiseless pups. My luthier friend did the build.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

Hey Rain, 

Nothing to say re guitars - they're all just different colours of the same thing to me

More choices than those keyboards (which really are all just the same black and white keys). 🙂 

10 hours ago, paulo said:

Hey Rain, 

Nothing to say re guitars - they're all just different colours of the same thing to me, but nice to see you back here. Still living the dream?

Thanks, Paulo. Considering what some family members, friends and fellow forum members have been through, I have absolutely no right to complain. 

Hope life's been kind to you. 

Well done Rain, a classic Tele (the only “real”Tele really). You’ve joined the ranks of Eric, Jeff, and Pagey; who all became “classic “ Paul players. You made the journey “backwards “, but all good!

nothing else sounds like a Tele!

Butterscotch, blackguard, blonde neck; what could be better?

tom

the only possible improvement to a Tele is the “B” bender, simply amazing in the hands of a real Tele man...

• Like 1

Very nice Krist - welcome to the dark side 😄

I absolutely love my Tele - I managed to pick up a brand spanking new three-colour sunburst/maple neck US Deluxe just as they were being phased out to be replaced by the 'Elite' range (now the 'Ultra') for less money than a US Standard 😊

This is the same as the model I got:

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1