Landing October 29 from IK Multimedia (Deal or No Deal?)

Copiague

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Imagines a MODO Syntronik with real oscillators (rather than samples) ... 🤪

That would be cool to play with. Especially  being able to load all the sounds from Syntronik as a starting point.  Of course if that happens some of us won't be on this forum. We will actually be playing with the new toy :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Ditto...and I slowed it, stopped framed it...still nope.

Me too!!  🤣

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Nope too soon. Needs 4 more years (at least) to be on par with past ST releases.

I remember those times!! Always "A new ST is coming.... soon!!"

27 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

If it turns out to be AmpliTube 5, what do you think it would be?  

Now that's a great question.

What could they possibly do that would improve the user experience?

1. Scalable UI
2. Ability to use FX outside of AT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

A new GUI for sure. Hopefully an overhaul of the preset menu (would love to hide what I don't own, but it's IK so I'm not holding my breath)

The one thing I don't love about Amplitube is the amps have been modeled over what? Like 15 years? Would love if they redid some of the older stuff.

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

A new GUI?  

All the AmpliTube expansions that came out since Amplitube 4?   

New expansions?  

Or what?

8 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

A new GUI for sure. Hopefully an overhaul of the preset menu (would love to hide what I don't own, but it's IK so I'm not holding my breath)

The one thing I don't love about Amplitube is the amps have been modeled over what? Like 15 years? Would love if they redid some of the older stuff.

I think a new modeling approach or a new cab room modeling might be  good. I can definitely hear a difference between AT 4 and S-Gear and NeuralDSP stuff --but not enough to want to ditch AT 4. I don't if this is because what is in AT 4 is a little older and maybe there is something IKM can put on market to compete with the others sound wise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I still love the clean AT default amp. That's what got me to buy AT in the first place. The Tube Comp is really a secret weapon of AT.  So I wouldn't want them to do anything to the older stuff. Just come up with new stuff?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grem said:
8 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

2. Ability to use FX outside of AT

Now that would be something! I guess they'd keep the TERC chorus being mono IN unfortunately, just like the original hardware. But still useful as a single anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I still love the clean AT default amp. That's what got me to buy AT in the first place. The Tube Comp is really a secret weapon of AT.  So I wouldn't want them to do anything to the older stuff. Just come up with new stuff?

I've actually been using that quite a lot lately myself for practicing. 

• Like 1