Do you have chronic engine dropouts?

Coreysan

Does anyone get chronic audio dropouts? I have been troubleshooting with Ashwin over at tech support, and we cant find the problem.

Its error code 13, and we have already addressed all the configuration issues for audio, drivers, buffering, etc.etc.

Im wondering if I have incompatible hardware. Here's my setup:

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. 8 gigs RAM. Gigabyte GA AB 370 mobo. Focusrite Pro 40 audio device. Firewire pci board recommended by cakewalk. Windows 10.

I can't discover the problem, so I wanted to know if you have encountered this problem of chronic dropouts no matter how you configure the DAW.

Thanks for the suggestions. My firewire is the Startech PEX 1394B3. That is recommended by FocusRite so I have it.

However I have no idea what the chipset is. I will double check that.

I also don't know what version the OHCI driver is, so I'll check that too.

1. The error code is 13. I have discussed this with tech support for nearly a year but we found no solution.

2. Ashwin and I went through the dropout diagnostics specs very meticulously. No solution.

That's why Im asking here cuz I have "stumped the panel!"

19 hours ago, Coreysan said:

Thanks for the suggestions. My firewire is the Startech PEX 1394B3. That is recommended by FocusRite so I have it.

However I have no idea what the chipset is. I will double check that.

I also don't know what version the OHCI driver is, so I'll check that too.

1. The error code is 13. I have discussed this with tech support for nearly a year but we found no solution.

2. Ashwin and I went through the dropout diagnostics specs very meticulously. No solution.

That's why Im asking here cuz I have "stumped the panel!"

Error 13 has nothing to do with your system directly so you are troubleshooting the wrong area potentially.
"ASIO subsystem signaled a dropout due to a state change."
This means that the ASIO driver itself requested the application to stop. What should be investigated is what is causing the driver to signal the state change to the host.
Typically this happens by changing sample rate or some property like that from the driver panel but it can also be caused by another application accessing the driver unexpectedly.