My best song ever

ceakay

Thanks Bapu. I think you listened to another one of mine because I changed my account name from Caleb Kim to seakay (I think cause I think I saw you comment on one of my tracks before).

Edited by seakay

I did just did some simple eq-ing and volume stuff. I'm not much of a pro with terms because I'm still learning things about mixing.

Edit: I just realized I basically had low and high passed filters on pretty much everything 😂. You have good a good ear. By the way, is it bad to have too much of those filters?

Edited by seakay

11 hours ago, seakay said:

is it bad to have too much of those filters?

It can be as there is such a thing as intermodulation, it is why some violins sound nicer than others.  The overtones of a violin can reach into the 100kHZ region whilst you can not hear them they have an over all affect on the sound.

By all means filter some of the bass from an instrument to let the bass instrument punch likewise filter some off the top of a bass centric instrument to let a treble instrument punch through but in discriminably toping and tailing everything can remove the ambience and air from a track.

• Like 1