(Not a deal) GeoShred 5 - a game changer possibly!

Marshall

16 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Yeah, but have you heard the new “real” SWAM instruments? Tenor sax, violin, oboe, clarinet, cello and flute? Wow!

Sure have, and SWAM stuff plus a breath controller.. OMG!.  I am amazed how cheap these SWAM instruments are compared to the usual ones as a VST. It'll be interesting to see how many types get added over time!.

Edited by Tony Carpenter
  • Like 1

I remember the days when my only forum was the Audiobus Forum and I did all my music on my iPad.   Those were the days when $20 apps were considered insanely expensive.  $20!  Are you nuts?   $10 was pricey.

GeoShred is awesome, and there are so many other genius iPad apps.  Borderlands, TC-11, Nave, Fugue Machine, Gestrument....

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys get your files OFF the iPad? I started in Garage Band there years ago, had a blast, then went through all sorts of gyrations just to get the audio files off the iPad and into a DAW on Windows so I could work with them. That was the last time i used the iPad for music.  :)

16 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I remember the days when my only forum was the Audiobus Forum and I did all my music on my iPad.   Those were the days when $20 apps were considered insanely expensive.  $20!  Are you nuts?   $10 was pricey.

GeoShred is awesome, and there are so many other genius iPad apps.  Borderlands, TC-121, Nave, Fugue Machine, Gestrument....

TC-121 is new to me. Do you have a link, TTF?

1 hour ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Sure have, and SWAM stuff plus a breath controller.. OMG!.  I am amazed how cheap these SWAM instruments are compared to the usual ones as a VST. It'll be interesting to see how many types get added over time!.

They've recently added solo brass (trumpet, trombone, horn) instruments to their line-up. I seem to remember from reading their roadmap that ensembles were up next - things have slowed a little from their original timeline, but apparently it's still their plan.

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Yup they sound great and hopefully won't take up too much storage as they are modelled sounds. Cheaper to get all 6 instruments but I might wait for a BF/Christmas deal. 

I don't think they do the typical sales. I remember reading an email a while ago saying that while they didn't do the usual sales, they were doing a one-off sale to celebrate something or other. They might change their mind, I don't know. In any case, this might be the one you're after (take a seat and put down anything fragile before you look at the price... which isn't that bad for what you're actually getting)

https://audiomodeling.com/swam-all-in-bundle/

42 minutes ago, antler said:

I don't think they do the typical sales. I remember reading an email a while ago saying that while they didn't do the usual sales, they were doing a one-off sale to celebrate something or other. They might change their mind, I don't know. In any case, this might be the one you're after (take a seat and put down anything fragile before you look at the price... which isn't that bad for what you're actually getting)

https://audiomodeling.com/swam-all-in-bundle/

I bought Geoshred on a deal when it was first launched and there have been other sales since then but they now have other Geoshred products in their line-up and I haven't been following their sales patterns lately. 

Still that SWAM All-in-bundle for desktop makes the iPad one seem like a bargain albeit for fewer libraries! I might be tempted by a couple of the desktop versions though if they have any decent BF sales.

1 hour ago, mibby said:

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys get your files OFF the iPad? I started in Garage Band there years ago, had a blast, then went through all sorts of gyrations just to get the audio files off the iPad and into a DAW on Windows so I could work with them. That was the last time i used the iPad for music.  :)

@mibby I have a simple Y cable that comes out of my iPad and the two stereo outputs go into my audio interface, and from there I get stereo audio into my DAW. I have not tried getting MPE into a DAW, but I’d like to if this were possible. 

• Thanks 1

Don't know if it applies here, but IIRC, I was able to get the GarageBand files onto a Mac/GarageBand, then was able to export the audio files from there, then had to find a DAW that could import the GB formatted file type (AIF I think) and convert it to a WAV file.  I think I used Reaper for this step. (?) I was happy enough to be able to decode the GB files. I didn't even try to get the MIDI information.  

Maybe GeoShred is a little friendlier than GarageBand with exporting your data so you can actually use it on non-Apple systems?