Jump to content
Serg BaDreams

Media browser (Sample and loops Waveform Display)

Recommended Posts

When will Cakewalk make a convenient browser and sample editor, like Cubase or Ableton, so that you can see all the information and waveform? Now we have to use third-party samplers for this.

image_2020-10-21_104109.png

image_2020-10-21_104233.png

Edited by Sergey trapeznikov
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

Great request, I would also like this!

A visual waveform display in the Browser would help a lot when planning where to place oneshot samples and it would help understand the composition of loops as well.

Update: Maybe you should add the words "waveform display" or something to the thread title?

Edited by GreenLight
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 9:42 AM, Sergey trapeznikov said:

When will Cakewalk make a convenient browser and sample editor, like Cubase or Ableton, so that you can see all the information and waveform? Now we have to use third-party samplers for this.

image_2020-10-21_104109.png

image_2020-10-21_104233.png

Do you mean Navigator?

If that's what you mean -- Just press Alt+N on the keyboard. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 6:14 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Do you mean Navigator?

If that's what you mean -- Just press Alt+N on the keyboard. 

No, I meant navigation and waveform in the sample browser, as implemented in the indicated DAWs (in the screenshots)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, GreenLight said:

+1

Great request, I would also like this!

A visual waveform display in the Browser would help a lot when planning where to place oneshot samples and it would help understand the composition of loops as well.

Update: Maybe you should add the words "waveform display" or something to the thread title?

It's a good idea if it helps developers see my request. ))

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 12:22 PM, Sergey trapeznikov said:

Until Bandlab has implemented a handy Media Browser for Cakewalk, I use the free ADSR Sample Manager app. It would be great to have similar functionality inside Cakewalk. Recomend for everybody. Below is the link. 
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/adsr-sample-manager/

I tried it a couple of years ago, and it's a cool piece of software. But back then it couldn't preview loops synced in time with your project (like the Browser in Cakewalk does). Do you know if that works now in the latest ADSR Sample Manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GreenLight said:

I tried it a couple of years ago, and it's a cool piece of software. But back then it couldn't preview loops synced in time with your project (like the Browser in Cakewalk does). Do you know if that works now in the latest ADSR Sample Manager?

If I understand you correctly - yes, the tempo of the loop playback is synchronized with the tempo of the project in Cakewalk. Just checked it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, Serg BaDreams said:

If I understand you correctly - yes, the tempo of the loop playback is synchronized with the tempo of the project in Cakewalk. Just checked it out.

Sounds great, thanks a lot. 😀I'm gonna try the latest version, soon.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...