Media browser (Sample and loops Waveform Display)

NEO.dreams

Believe me, the developers know that this is a very popular feature request, maybe even at this point (post Arranger Track, Articulation Map, improved Export dialog, etc. etc.) the most popular feature request.

The way for the developers to take notice is to keep bumping it, though.

They haven't solicited for what features we want to see; I'd think that they would do that unless they have already been looking around at what paradigms already exist. I'm not really up for much reinvention of the wheel when it comes to Cakewalk getting new features. If something takes the best features that are already out there in the marketplace, that's the way I like it. I don't use one single DAW; after buying a couple of audio interfaces I now also have Mixcraft, Ableton Live Lite, and Studio One Artist. Each of them have implemented this technology in ways that would work for me in Cakewalk.

So we are back on this ... show the sample in the preview which would be great so I will +1 this again.. but I want to add a tuner as well I know we shouldn't compare to other DAWs but Reaper just added that in there browser so you see the wave and the key that it's in all at the same time... You can edit the start an end right in the browser as well really nice..

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 8:30 PM, Xel Ohh said:

So we are back on this ... show the sample in the preview which would be great so I will +1 this again.. but I want to add a tuner as well I know we shouldn't compare to other DAWs but Reaper just added that in there browser so you see the wave and the key that it's in all at the same time... You can edit the start an end right in the browser as well really nice..

I have given up waiting and started using LoopCloud now. Great app.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 1:21 AM, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

I have given up waiting and started using LoopCloud now. Great app.

Well, for anyone who wants an integrated sampler/loop browser, I wouldn't suggest waiting for Cakewalk's to drop before using one. 🙂

Believe that the devs know how badly we want this feature. It will take a while, both because it's non-trivial and because I'm sure they want to cover the bases feature-wise. I'm hoping for good integration with current Cakewalk features like Step Sequencer and Matrix. Like maybe the much deferred "record directly to Matrix cell" functionality.

I'm in the very early stages of trying to come up with a live performance workflow for my electronic music, and would love to be able to use Matrix. I just don't know if it's "there" yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Also would be nice to have in Media Browser the following options:

[Preview...] → setup the audition of samples\audio-clips at a certain "normalised" level

(let's say "as is"; or user defined "Peak at: 0dBFS or -6dBFS, etc.; or RMS at: -18 or -21 or user defined value; or EBU R 128 value ≈ -24dBFS)

[Import...] = drag'n'drop → "as is" or "as Preview" (because usually we Preview first before Importing) or "noramlised" by Peak\RMS (user defined), or EBU R 128 respectively.

All this would save at least 90% of the time for "gain staging" preparation before mixing and make the user experience more consistent and uninterrupted.

Of course some basic Waveform Seekbar would be nice as well, as requested earlier\originally in this feature request thread.