Windows 10 Pro $39.99 sale has returned until Oct 25

Robert Bone

21 hours ago, Grem said:

Wow. I may get another again. 

Who am I kidding!! LOL

I will get another.

: )

I just bought another one earlier today.  I have 4, now, and used 1 so far, but will use another of them tomorrow afternoon, when I load up a PC with a brand new copy of Windows 10 Pro - just easier to do for this particular PC, which is an existing one that was given to me, when the former owner got a new one, that I configured up for them.  I have a new solid-state drive in this PC, and the other, existing, drive - is an old-style mechanical HDD (non solid-state).  

So, rather than figure out a license transfer, plus somehow cloning from the much larger old HDD, to the smaller new SSD, I will just nuke it all, and install a nice fresh Win 10 Pro onto the new SSD, then go in to nuke the old HDD (nothing needed from it), and that eliminates the license transfer, as well as the process of cloning a smaller drive from a larger drive.

The time savings alone for me, will be more than enough compensation for the $40 this new license cost.

WAHOO!!!!!!

Bob Bone

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zo said:

Can t we just update a windows 8 to 10?,

Like Fret said, yes you still can. MS wants everyone on Win 10 sooner rather than later.

Found this Zo: Free Win 10

From ZNET:

Microsoft's free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended more than four years ago, but no one told the people who run the Windows activation servers. As a result, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and claim a free digital license for the latest Windows 10 version, without being forced to jump through any hoops.

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Like Fret said, yes you still can. MS wants everyone on Win 10 sooner rather than later.

Found this Zo: Free Win 10

From ZNET:

Microsoft's free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended more than four years ago, but no one told the people who run the Windows activation servers. As a result, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and claim a free digital license for the latest Windows 10 version, without being forced to jump through any hoops.

Thks guyz the problem is at i can just download a windows 10 licence with my windows 8 licences ? I don t feel like going threw 2 computer install right now ...

2 hours ago, Toffo said:

Hey Zo, to the best of my knowledge no. You need to upgrade to Windows 10 to take advantage. You can't just claim a new Windows 10 key by giving MS your Windows 8 key.

Do you know how to proceed ?  i have Two computer .... love windows 8 but software makers start to bitching win8 , Presonus and NI being one of those  ....

My issue with windows 8 is the fact that it's very difficult to get privacy and choose what the os gonna do (update , defender...Ect ) i don't want to create either a microsoft accoun , don't need updates until i feel like so ect ....

6 hours ago, Zo said:

Do you know how to proceed ?  i have Two computer .... love windows 8 but software makers start to bitching win8 , Presonus and NI being one of those  ....

My issue with windows 8 is the fact that it's very difficult to get privacy and choose what the os gonna do (update , defender...Ect ) i don't want to create either a microsoft accoun , don't need updates until i feel like so ect ....

This might help

https://www.techjunkie.com/upgrade-windows-8-1-to-windows-10/

When I upgraded my PC, I created a Windows 10 USB stick. It was a while ago now, but according to that link the method still works

• Like 1

Thks guyz you rock', will do it next lock down lol i ll have solething to really spend time with ..

Totally ot , but if one of you find a msata ssd samsung evo 512 or 1 tb (idealy)  on sale online regular shop (i tend to avoid ebay) , hit me ....thks 

Edited by Zo

Same here.  

FYI- If you work for an educational institution you might get the licenses for even less. I just recently found out I could have had WIN 10 licenses for 14.99 each.

I think they are considered to be some sort of a group license and maybe why they cost less? I haven't bought one yet because I haven't needed it. I did pick up 

Office though for about the same price.

18 minutes ago, Starise said:

Same here.  

FYI- If you work for an educational institution you might get the licenses for even less. I just recently found out I could have had WIN 10 licenses for 14.99 each.

I think they are considered to be some sort of a group license and maybe why they cost less? I haven't bought one yet because I haven't needed it. I did pick up 

Office though for about the same price.

Any link ?

guyz , let say i download the iso  and install'this next year , is my windows 8 licence will unlock the win 10 licences ? 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:31 AM, Zo said:

Any link ?

guyz , let say i download the iso  and install'this next year , is my windows 8 licence will unlock the win 10 licences ? 

Microsoft said the "offer" to update Windows 8 free to Windows 10 was supposed to run out years ago, but as we can see it's still working. Will it still work next year? Not sure, but probably.

By the way, downloading the ISO now or later won't make a difference. If anything, I'd wait until you're ready to install to download the ISO as that way you'll get the latest version.

• Like 1

Thks guyz , several software asks for windows 10 to play well , arturia last versions , studio one 5 ect ... so i m,def thinking of it but still thinking of iether upgrading hatware also or just get dsp and change only the OS ...