I thought it was about time

Bapu

My buddy who has about 20 Gibby LPs checked out the specs and he believes with this model they did not skimp on the pups or wiring harness. He's the one who told me to put a bone nut and new tuning pegs on her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bayoubill said:

butemus! Looks like the Pual I played back in the late 70's

Has the PAF's?

A classic instrument made with vintage specs.

The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Outfit Solid Body Electric Guitar brings back one the most iconic guitars in rock. With all the right stuff, including Gibson Burstbucker pickups, this '59 Les Paul Standard is destined to please serious guitar players on a budget or not. If you're looking for a guitar that sounds great and plays even better, this Les Paul is an obvious choice.

This Epiphone Les Paul model features the same body tonewoods you'd find on an original '59 Les Paul: namely mahogany with a AAA maple veneer top. Available in two sunburst finishes, the woodgrain shines through and so does the tone. The neck is made of mahogany and shaped to match the original 1959 Les Paul with a rounded medium C profile. Along with an Indian Laurel fingerboard and long tenon neck joint, the feel and response of the body and neck will satisfy aficionados and young players alike.

Electronics and hardware matter, so it's no surprise Epiphone choose Gibson BurstBucker pickups for this Les Paul Standard because they come closest to the original tone of a vintage '59 Les Paul. '50s wiring with CTS potentiometers and Mallory capacitors ensure that in any position, or volume/tone setting, you've got the sound you've heard on countless albums and hit songs. Nickel hardware includes a period-correct LockTone ABR bridge and stopbar, along with deluxe Tulip-key machine heads.

The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard comes beautifully bound with an aged gloss finish. It'll arrive ready to play and includes a nice hardshell "Lifton" style case with pink interior and tan tolex.

• Like 1