Theme Editor - Image Editor required?

John Nelson

Okay I want to try out the Theme Editor.  During the setup it is asking me to assign an image editor.  I tried browsing to Paint 3D but cannot find it.  There's a suggestion to download some Pain.NET but it's some dodgy crap thing that tried to install a bogus browser on my machine and I had to end task via the Task Manager quickly.  WTH?

What are you other folks doing to get past this step in the install process without compromising your security to sketchy third party stuff like this?  I am frankly surprised CWB would suggest something that tries to back door a browser install.

@John Nelson, I use Paint.NET.

Paint.NET works great except for the way it messes up the title bar of the main window (sorry, pet peeve of mine).  The website is rife with "DOwNloAd nOW!" ads that should be set on fire. Perhaps you clicked on the wrong link.

This is the latest URL: https://www.dotpdn.com/files/paint.net.4.2.13.install.zip

On 10/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, John Nelson said:

Okay I want to try out the Theme Editor.

Welcome to one of my favorite procrastination activities. 😂

In case you're not aware, there's a very friendly subforum for discussing Cakewalk themeing, with links to many current themes and @Colin Nicholls essential Young Lady's Primer to Creating Cakewalk Themes.

It's a great place to get answers to the questions you will surely have.

• Thanks 1