Studio One 5.1

cclarry

They borrowed the retrospective MIDI record from Live. Ableton added that feature called "Capture" to Live 10 a couple years ago.

From the Live User Manual:

1.2.2 Capture
Capture (page 253) introduces a new way of (not) thinking about MIDI recording.

Now, Live is always listening to MIDI input on armed or input-monitored tracks. Press the Capture button after you’ve played to create a clip containing your music. Live will automatically try to find the tempo and set appropriate loop boundaries.

With Capture, you never have to worry about losing your experiments and improvisations
because you forgot to start recording. You can always capture what you’ve just played, after
you’ve played it.

I keep wanting to love Studio One. I've kept it updated. But it always gives me an edge of distortion on the sound when I try to use Izotope mastering plugins. I know this isn't the forum for this, but thought I'd throw it out there in case any one else has heard of it. Every update I go try it again, and then go back to cubase because getting  a straight answer on the internet is no longer possible in my opinion (except for you guys of course). But it shore is purty.

56 minutes ago, artturner said:

I keep wanting to love Studio One. I've kept it updated. But it always gives me an edge of distortion on the sound when I try to use Izotope mastering plugins. I know this isn't the forum for this, but thought I'd throw it out there in case any one else has heard of it. Every update I go try it again, and then go back to cubase because getting  a straight answer on the internet is no longer possible in my opinion (except for you guys of course). But it shore is purty.

Quite a few guys on the mix forum I frequent are on S1 and turn out kick-***** mixes regularly using Izotope plugins. No telling what's up, but it's not S1 or Izotope. 

tracks search is great as well as the retrospective thingy ... more frustrated here 

Waiting the daw where you could speak to like an assistant : studio one , display only my drums and my voclas as well as the bass !

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2