Computer keys not recognized in certain plugins.

Hello. I've been having problems with certain VST plugins. I mean the ones which allow user to input values e.g. enter certain amount for volume, panning etc. One of the most popular samplers TX16Wx is affected. Also AIR Music Technology Hybrid synth doesn't recognize keyboard input. Numerical keyboard on the right side simply doesn't work. When I try using top row numbers, different Cakewalk screensets are selected. Not all plugins are affected, but it's very annoying. In different DAWs like Ableton Live or Reaper plugins mentioned above work properly. 

Is there a way to change this behavior? I tired pinning plugin windows, but it didn't help. 

To be clear, it's not just the latest Cakewalk build that has this problem. It's been there for a long time. 

Edited by Michal Ochedowski

• 10 months later...

I bounce this old topic because I have this problem : unable to send text input to Reason Rack.

I have tested all other plugins they work well, and I have tested Reason Rack with 2 other DAW and it's OK.

Only with Cakewalk, when I try to type text in the Reason Rack Browser for example, each key is sent to Cakewalk as a hotkey, and it doesn't help if I click on the "keyboard button" in the upper rigth : keys are still sent as hotkeys to Cakewalk.

In the screen copy, I try to type "h".1968865199_CakwalkReasonBug.thumb.png.ca2eea70fbc0f270fa7af8e799e1444a.png

Very anoyning. Anybody has a solution for this ?

Can I report this as a bug directly to Cakawalk development team ?

PS : This bug has also been reported in a wrong topic in this post :

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/15972-cant-get-keyboard-input-to-si-string-section/&do=findComment&comment=150081,

Version of Reason Rack I use : Reason Rack lite 11.3.9d12

Thanks