Izotope Nectar 3 Updated to 3.3

cclarry

The improved unmasking is actually an EQ inside the Relay plugin (which I guess I didn't get at first).  You put Relay on the music track and Nectar on the vocal and then when you turn on the unmasking in the assistant it listens to both tracks and adds a dynamic EQ to the relay plugin on the music track.  I got the impression that the Relay thing and the Unmasking were only part of the Plus, but by the time I looked at it I had already upgraded (via the Post Production Suite) so I don't know what the non-plus Nectar 3 was like.

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of using plugins to do routing though, things like Relay can mess with the timing of various tracks.  They often make assumptions about how a DAW works, and since no two DAWs work the same way that's often bad.

• Thanks 5

The Plus version replaces/is the only Nectar once you install it.  Though oddly enough on the settings page it doesn't say anything about having being authorized for plus.  Only way you can tell is the image/icon in the upper corner of the plugin is different.

I have a feeling they were going to make this just part of Nectar 3 and then decided it needed to be a product/revenue generator and half wedged this whole plus thing in.  Which may explain why they really don't "sell" or promote the plus thing on the website.  And you can't really get much of a idea what is different about them.  I think the way they did this is a mistake and of course now they can't fix it since some people have paid and upgraded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mibby said:

Yeah, it's kind of curious why they would charge for it.  I can imagine support is pretty fed up with questions.  I'd write and ask them about it.  It worked for me.  ;)

You da man, mibby-san. I persisted and stood victorious, thanks to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

You da man, mibby-san. I persisted and stood victorious, thanks to you. 

I did write, looking for a significant bonus thrown my way in exchange for purchasing it. Like I would love another year’s pass to Groove3, like I got last year! But haven’t heard back yet. Probably just saving my bonus until there are several more Groove3 videos that resonate with my learning needs.