Panning to Sends

Hi - for a while now I've been having an issue with this, wondering whether any of you nice folks have any input.

I have a two tracks (either mono or stereo), and I route them to the same buss.  If I pan one left and one right, it seems to have no effect on the new buss.

If I listen to just the first track and pan it left, I hear it as a mono track in the send.  If I pan it to the right it disappears.

The same thing happens to the second track.

If I leave them in the middle or pan them left, I hear them both, but no panning is reflected in the buss.

If I reassign them to the master buss, they work fine and I can pan them individually any way I want.

What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Hi - for a while now I've been having an issue with this, wondering whether any of you nice folks have any input.

I have a two tracks (either mono or stereo), and I route them to the same buss.  If I pan one left and one right, it seems to have no effect on the new buss.

If I listen to just the first track and pan it left, I hear it as a mono track in the send.  If I pan it to the right it disappears.

The same thing happens to the second track.

If I leave them in the middle or pan them left, I hear them both, but no panning is reflected in the buss.

If I reassign them to the master buss, they work fine and I can pan them individually any way I want.

What am I doing wrong?  Thank you.

SORRY!!!  I answered my own question.  For those that are as much of a dummy as me, here is the solution:  I had guitar rig 5 on the buss.  There was one device inside there (called 'Jump') that had a hidden panel with a stereo button in it.  I set it to stereo and the problem is gone.  Duh!

• Confused 1