Workflow - Clean up take lanes?

sadicus

Just completed Track Comping a project and want to consolidate all the various take lanes to one track.

Because there are several options, What's the best way to do this?
so far I've just drag dropped the different takes to the first track (shown in the image) Then delete the empty track lanes like this,

After Comping, "Bounce to clip" is used then drag the file to the first take lane, then delete the empty take lanes.

cbb_trackConsolidation.jpg

3 hours ago, sadicus said:

After Comping, "Bounce to clip" is used then drag the file to the first take lane, then delete the empty take lanes.

This is how I do it, with the take lanes hidden I drag select,  right click and 'Bounce to Clip(s)' and then open the take lane view and right click the parent track and choose 'Delete Empty Take Lanes'.  Usually when I finish a comp I don't need all those rejected takes.  However, I always duplicate with events and archive the track before I 'Bounce to Clip(s)' just in case,  this has saved me in the past.  I make a folder called 'Archived' which is at the bottom of my project and I keep all duplicated tracks there.  I don't know why but I prefer this method over 'Flatten Comp'.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1