Not a My New Video: How to Use Band in a Box for Songwriting (And Larry has a Deal)

Reid Rosefelt

A lot of you might have considered buying BIAB, but didn't know exactly what it was or how they might use it.

Most musicians see Band in a Box as software that should only be used for accompaniment. It's great for singers or solo instrumentalists, but not for using in compositions.

While many people are fine with employing drum programs, guitar programs, EZKeys, etc to make their music, BIAB is a bridge too far because it does EVERYTHING. One button push and there is an entire arrangement, fully mixed. It bypasses the myriad choices you make when you use and combine various kinds of software.

I'm basically in agreement with that, but I use the arrangements I generate with BIAB to help me make my songs better.

This video shows how I take a simple song and develop it using BIAB.

Also, it's expensive and there are a lot of versions, plus add-ons like Xtra Paks.  So it's a little complicated for a noob to figure out what they need to buy.  I talked about that in the video and it didn't fit, so I made a separate video about that.  It mentions that there are sales when the new versions come out, which means PC at the end of the year and Mac in the Spring.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Their new release biggest sale of the year should be coming up soon. Last year is was at the end of November. 

Rocky

Yes!  I can't wait to get the new RealTracks and the new Xtra Styles PAK!  😃  

I have that $129 budgeted so I won't spend it all during Black Friday. 

• Like 1