Amplitube Leslie

cclarry

To get this product to receive a midi signal to control rotor speed has been a source of continual epic failure for me. Even after two go-rounds with tech support, years apart, and having digested everything available online, still can't control rotor speed.

So if you do buy it, please let a brother know!

2 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

To get this product to receive a midi signal to control rotor speed has been a source of continual epic failure for me. Even after two go-rounds with tech support, years apart, and having digested everything available online, still can't control rotor speed.

You have to assign the controller. Click the 'MIDI' button next to the MIDI diode on the bar below then 'control change' tab and click ADD. Then you have to find the Leslie that you have loaded and pick it's 'Speed'. Next click Learn button and move your controller. It should work now assuming you have enabled the controller in the preferences first.

Edit: apparently I can't find it under Control Change>Global tab, must use the Project tab unless I'm missing something too. It is convoluted, have to admit.

Edited by chris.r
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, chris.r said:

You have to assign the controller. Click the 'MIDI' button next to the MIDI diode on the bar below then 'control change' tab and click ADD. Then you have to find the Leslie that you have loaded and pick it's 'Speed'. Next click Learn button and move your controller. It should work now assuming you have enabled the controller in the preferences first.

Edit: apparently I can't find it under Control Change>Global tab, must use the Project tab unless I'm missing something too. It is convoluted, have to admit.

Chris, thank you so much! But alas I have done that already. The IK amplitude plug is the only plugin I own that will not respond to midi. It might be a quirk in my system. I've reinstalled everything. I believe I'm not the only one with this issue.

I never rule out "operator error" . . . 😊

12 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Chris, thank you so much! But alas I have done that already. The IK amplitude plug is the only plugin I own that will not respond to midi. It might be a quirk in my system. I've reinstalled everything. I believe I'm not the only one with this issue.

I never rule out "operator error" . . . 😊

Oh that's bad, sorry to hear that. Are you sure you have your controller enabled in the settings prior to any MIDI learn? Maybe try with another keyboard, that's what I would do just to rule out any hardware failure.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Here are a couple of experiments I have done with it using ACT, and another using UNIFY.

The biggest drawback using ACT is that the Leslie plugin has to be in focus for MIDI control to work.

• Like 2