Jump to content
cclarry

Waves Plugins updated to V12!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I am thinking I will not upgrade the eligible plugins unless I WUP, I am not sure I want three versions. I am toying with the idea of doing the WUP and getting everything up to date but its a lot of money for the privilege.  At least there is no intro offer pressuring a decision. 

I have V9, V10, V11, V12 installed and Cakewalk crashes when opening a project created before v12 was installed.  I can create a new project, add waves plugins and it will open and play back as expected.  Luckily Studio One 4.6.2 is fine with this setup.  I have open tickets with waves and cakewalk support.  I would hold off updating to V12 until the dust settles.  I didn't WUP.

Edited by shawker
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shawker said:

I have V9, V10, V11, V12 installed and Cakewalk crashes when opening a project created before v12 was installed.  I can create a new project, add waves plugins and it will open and play back as expected.  Luckily Studio One 4.6.2 is fine with this setup.  I have open tickets with waves and cakewalk support.  I would hold off updating to V12 until the dust settles.  I didn't WUP.

Thanks for posting, shawker! And please keep us updated if the issue gets solved. Issues with projects that already use waves plugins is my main suspect when deciding if I should update or not. I have a bunch of V9 and another bunch of V11, of which some I could update to V12 but few would have to stay at 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I am thinking I will not upgrade the eligible plugins unless I WUP, I am not sure I want three versions. I am toying with the idea of doing the WUP and getting everything up to date but its a lot of money for the privilege.  At least there is no intro offer pressuring a decision. 

Everyplugin.com can get you a deal on the WUP.  They have directions on how to get the code so they can calculate the total WUP.  Generally, the WUP maxes out at $300 for everything if all WUPs are out of date.  So if you want to WUP everything eventually, it is better to do it at the same time as if it is more than $300, you will get a deal. 

I did this last year when Waves had one of their WUP sales.  I think it was around $225 for all? Maybe a little less? I have Mercury and a bunch of random other stuff.  I only WUP'd to get new stuff on Mercury and because I was tired of the pain of trying to install my version 9 instruments.  (my effects plugins were all 10)  

The other method is to use the upgrade option, click on all your products and see if there is a bundle that has them all that you can update to.  This is generally how I got to Mercury.  It was always cheaper to upgrade during a bundle sale than WUP'ing.

Just as a note, Everyplugin.com is a legitimate reseller that has some kind of a relationship with Waves, so they can do a bit more than others I've used. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waves price for me to WUP my individual 7 plugins, plus the H-Series bundle was $129.

EveryPlugin made me a better offer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fleer said:

I. Lather. WUP. 

Fixed

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abacab said:

Waves price for me to WUP my individual 7 plugins, plus the H-Series bundle was $129.

EveryPlugin made me a better offer!

 

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

I. Like. EveryPlugin. 

It's the only place I WUP.

  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, abacab said:

Waves price for me to WUP my individual 7 plugins, plus the H-Series bundle was $129.

EveryPlugin made me a better offer!

The other 12 Waves plugins that I bought this year during their sales were already covered, so scored a  free upgrade to v12 for them! No WUP needed there! 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to waves universe , it was exellent , inbougth everything back thzn from there ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was close to upgrading to Mercury this time around to save on WUP. But there are far too many plugins that I use missing from Mercury. NS-1, some of H-Series (Edit: I was wrong), Abbey Road etc. so in the instead of having an all-in-one pack I end up with a bunch of loose plugins anyway.

 

WUP is mostly for Mac anyway as new versions of macOS keep breaking compatibility. I've never needed a WUP update for Windows. 

Edited by Toffo
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toffo said:

I was close to upgrading to Mercury this time around to save on WUP. But there are far too many plugins that I use missing from Mercury. NS-1, some of H-Series, Abbey Road etc. so in the instead of having an all-in-one pack I end up with a bunch of loose plugins anyway.

Mercury has all the H-Series and NS1.  None of the Abbey Road plugins are in any other bundle though.  To get everything you you need Mercury + the Studio Classics bundle (available as an upgrade to Mercury) + Inspire Bundle + Abbey Road Bundle + DTS Neural Surround Collection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Mercury has all the H-Series and NS1.  None of the Abbey Road plugins are in any other bundle though.  To get everything you you need Mercury + the Studio Classics bundle (available as an upgrade to Mercury) + Inspire Bundle + Abbey Road Bundle + DTS Neural Surround Collection.

You're right, thanks Matthew. I hadn't checked the Waves site when I posted, and it looks like my memory failed me. I checked now and it looks like there's more in Mercury than what I realised! Maybe in a year or two when compatibility with macOS breaks again I might bite the bullet and move up to Mercury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Mercury has all the H-Series and NS1.  None of the Abbey Road plugins are in any other bundle though.  To get everything you you need Mercury + the Studio Classics bundle (available as an upgrade to Mercury) + Inspire Bundle + Abbey Road Bundle + DTS Neural Surround Collection.

you only need the SSL collection not Studio Classics...Mercury already has the API stuff from Studio Classics...plus B360 ambisonics encoder isn't in any of the major bundles 

(I think?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, simon said:

you only need the SSL collection not Studio Classics...Mercury already has the API stuff from Studio Classics...plus B360 ambisonics encoder isn't in any of the major bundles 

(I think?)

Your right, but getting the upgrade from Mercury to Mercury + Studio Classics can sometimes be a better deal.  It's the only "upgrade" path available to Mercury users.  As a rule rather than WUPing anything it's almost always better to use a bundle sale and jump from one bundle to a higher bundle to get a new version of Waves.  So from Gold go to Gold + Renn, instead of WUPing Gold.  For Mercury that's the Studio Classics thing.  After that though you're out of luck.  Assuming you can do the upgrade for less than the $240 to WUP Mercury.

NX isn't in any of the bundle's either.  I completely forgot I had to buy that separately.  B360 Ambisonics is the same.  I suspect at some point they might make a bundle of Mercury and Inspire instruments.  The Abbey Road stuff is very odd in the Waves thing, but as long as they keep adding one new Abbey Road plugin every year  you can keep upgrading your collection bundle to re-WUP the whole collection.

You shouldn't WUP lightly though, only do it if it gets you something.  That said the two features V12 added are kind of nice.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

 

The Abbey Road stuff is very odd in the Waves thing

I think the reason that  Abbey Road / SSL bundle isn't included in the other bundles is some weird licensing issue  - also odd that the Abbey Road bundle shows as individual plugins in your account not as a bundle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually cheaper for me to upgrade for WUP Mercury + Studio Classics ($108 at present discount) than just upgrade on Mercury.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to do the v12 update as my Gold + Rennmax runs out of WUP on 31st October and I have just wup'd everything else that I use on a regular basis.

It all went smoothly and fortunately it didn't try to re-download all of the HD samples (36.5 Gb) for the Inspire Instrument bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’ll do the Gold + RennMax upgrade but I still am not enamored with WUP. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

 but I still am not enamored with WUP. 

Yeah, me neither.  But I do love my Waves plugins.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...