Waves Plugins updated to V12!

cclarry

1 minute ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I think the new preset browser has a pretty weird implementation. It is now the old way and the new way.

Maybe that's for backwards compatibility, but it's kinda strange to open the preset browser from the old preset menu.

LOL, it's looks like it was bolted on in a manner not likely to break anything! But it still works better than the old way. I have a few of their synths and I had become reluctant to use them due to the old browser, auditioning presets was a big PITA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

LOL, it's looks like it was bolted on in a manner not likely to break anything! But it still works better than the old way. I have a few of their synths and I had become reluctant to use them due to the old browser, auditioning presets was a big PITA.

I hadn't tried it on the synths but your right.  It's a huge win for CODEX and Flow Motion.  I don't think I even realized how many presets those had until now.

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I hadn't tried it on the synths but your right.  It's a huge win for CODEX and Flow Motion.  I don't think I even realized how many presets those had until now.

I really like Flow Motion, but that old 90's patch browser was a buzz kill. 🤣

Same for Element 2! I think it's one of the best sounding analog emulations that I have, and more pleasant to browse now! Haven't tried Codex yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abacab said:

Yeah, that's actually an excellent point. It's much nicer that it stays open going through presets on the synths.

I went ahead and WUP'd the couple ones I had that were older versions, but noticed an oddity.   I have Studiorack that still has several months left, but it still shows as V11.  Does anyone else have Studiorack that can verify V11 shows as the latest version for them? 

Yeah 

1 hour ago, husker said:

Does anyone else have Studiorack that can verify V11 shows as the latest version for them? 

Yeah Studiorack is still on V11. I saw a note somewhere on the Waves site mentioning it will be updated to V12 later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

My first question is always,  what did Apple break to require this?  

If future, but "announced at a presentation" breakages count ARM Macs are probably going to require v12 right?

some users are reporting v11 still works on Big Sur.

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Anyone who hasV12 installed having a problem with Abbey Road Chambers on Mac Catalina?

I'm told it cant find "Chamber Setup folder and/or files" and I need to reinstall the plugin.

This is on Mac Catalina (up to date) only. Windows 10 is ok. 

Edited by Bapu